5 Reminders When Looking For A New Job

5 Things To Keep In Mind When You Start Searching For A New Job

Sometimes all we need is a fresh start.

8
Personal Photo

I have recently decided to leave my current place of employment in hopes of finding a job with better hours and management. The decision was tough because I've been working there for almost a year now but the cons definitely outweighed the pros on this one.

Job-hunting was a struggle because I put in my two weeks without securing another position but I wanted to be out by the time school started. It was a tad bit stressful but it all worked out in the end. Here are some tips that I found useful.

Create a kick-ass resume. 

It all starts with a resume. If you can make yourself look good on paper, you can make yourself look even better during an interview. A resume can either grab an employers' attention or bore them, you want to make sure that it grabs attention. You want to make sure that you're putting information that pertains to the specific job, any experience is better than no experience.

Apply to a bunch of places. 

Even though it may seem excessive, it doesn't hurt to put yourself out there. Apply to as many places as you can! Completing five to 10 applications a day can really help your chances in getting a call to interview. The more places you apply, the greater the likelihood that you'll land a job.

Be patient. 

You may not hear back from people right away and that’s okay. It doesn’t mean that you won’t get a job, it just means that you have to wait and see. Don’t overthink it. But it never hurts to reach out to employers to let them know you’re interested.

Only apply to places where you actually want to work. 

If you can't see yourself working at a specific place, don't apply. There's no point! You'll be wasting your time, as well as theirs. Even if you're desperate for work, you shouldn't lower your standards. You might just have to look a little harder to find the right job for you!

Do some research. 

Finding out more information about a possible place of employment never hurts. The more you know, the more you’ll be able to judge if it’s a good fit for you. Plus, it looks good during interviews if you know about the company.