7 Reasons To Look Your Best Every Day

7 Reasons To Look Your Best Every Day

Look good, feel good, do good.

9574
7 Reasons To Look Your Best Every Day

“Love yourself enough to give a damn about looking your best. It’s all a sacred celebration.” -- Danielle LaPorte

I know we all love our sweat pants and baggy shirts, but it’s time to leave those at home and look our best in public. Here are seven reasons you should always look your best.

1. Look sharp, be sharp.

The clothes you wear change what people hear you say. For example, if you were lost in a city, you would be more likely to get directions from a man or woman who is dressed nicely. Similarly, if you were on a trailhead, you would ask someone who is dressed appropriately for hiking or camping. Dress the message you want to convey. People are more likely to listen to what you have to say if you are well dressed.

2. It's a confidence booster.

Dressing nice will boost your confidence. Wearing running shorts and a huge shirt may be comfortable, but it won’t make you look good or truly feel good. If you look good, you will feel good -- it’s that simple.

3. Express your better self.

Dressing up is a form of art. You have the freedom to express yourself through your clothing while still looking nice. Dressing up for day to day does not mean looking like you are going to prom. If you express yourself by wearing shirts, you can look nice wearing jeans and a tee shirt.

4. Increase productivity.

If you are dressed for the day, you are more likely to be productive. If you are wearing loose and comfortable clothing, you are more likely to fall asleep.

5. It’s fun.

Dressing up is fun. After all, every day is special. Parties are not the only time to celebrate. Dress like every day is your last.

6. Stand out and gain respect.

Are you in college? Working? When everyone around you looks like they just rolled out of bed, your professors and/or boss will start to take notice that you took the time to get ready. If you did just roll out of bed, it takes less than a minute to get dressed; throw on a dress and some cute flats -- it takes no time at all. Don’t let the stress of no sleep affect the way you look.

7. It will urge you to stay fit.

If you are wearing loose clothing, or anything with elastic, it will be easier to cover up that you haven’t been to the gym in a month. If your clothing looks good, it will motivate you to stay fit to make what’s under your clothes look good as well.

*Looking nice doesn’t require a lot of money or time. You can find cute clothes for a good price at places like Plato’s Closet, Forever21, and Goodwill.

*Can’t seem to give up leggings? That’s OK, dress them up -- wear a top that covers everything that needs to be covered.

*Dressing up doesn’t mean you have to give up being comfortable; find clothes that you are comfortable in and take the time to dress up.

Challenge: For one week, wake up early enough to get ready for your day.