13 Things That Happen To People Who Always Dress Up

It's okay to be different.

9172
Google Images

I am one of those people who “dress up” everyday. Since I was a little girl, my mom would dress me up in the cutest outfits. When I started to dress myself, I realized that I really enjoyed making my own outfits and “dressing up.” If you dress up everyday, here are a few things you may be able to relate to. 

1.You get asked the questions: Why are you dressed up?" "Who are you trying to impress?"

I can't express how many times I have received these questions. I'm still shocked that people actually think I'm trying to impress someone. I certainly don't dress up to try to impress anyone; I dress up because I just want to. I do it for myself and not for anyone in particular.

2.You're the friend who shows up somewhere “overdressed.”

Sometimes I make plans with with friends, pick out an outfit, and whether it's going out to eat lunch, a party, or something athletic, I always manage to be “overdressed”. Most people will think coming somewhere “overdressed” is done on purpose, but people who dress up all the time don't feel “overdressed” that's just how they feel comfortable. I don't do this on purpose because to me I'm not “overdressed” that's just how I feel comfortable.

3. When you think you're dressed down, you're still “overdressed.”

If you dress up all the time, your closet is going to be missing things like t-shirts, sweatpants, hoodies, etc. If you do try to go find a t-shirt while shopping, you will most likely end up buying a t-shirt with a cute, stylish graphic. Sometimes you'll dress down for an event only for people to say, “ you're wearing that? You didn't have a to dress up”, even when you're wearing a simple tank top and shorts.

4. People assume you judge others for how they dress.

I can't express how far from the truth this is. I may be a person who dresses up all the time, but I don't care whether other people dress up or don't dress up. If anything, I'm happy to see that people are able to figure out what style they feel comfortable in!

5. You've been nominated as “fashion expert” by all your friends.

A lot of the time I don't feel like a fashion expert, but my friends like to ask me for fashion advice a lot of the time. Sometimes they'll be eager to show me what they just bought or want to take me shopping with them to find clothes. I try my best to help them, but it can be a lot of pressure! Once you're able to help someone with their sense of style, it does feel pretty great.

6. No matter the time, you always make time to choose an outfit.

People who dress up all the time really don't care how early they have to get up in the morning. All that matters is that you feel like yourself each day, and sometimes that means sacrificing sleeping in to get ready for the day.

7. You feel uncomfortable in sweatpants.

Yes--people who dress up have tried on sweatpants. You will most likely never see these people wear sweatpants in public. “But sweatpants are so comfy” is a phrase I've heard so much, but people who dress up everyday don't feel comfortable in sweatpants. I would feel self conscious and just not myself.

8. The compliments seem to never stop!

I certainly don't dress up for the compliments, and I'm sure a lot of people who dress up don't dress up for the compliments either. A lot of the time I don't even expect it! Receiving compliments is nice, especially if you get judged for dressing up all the time.

9. People think you have confidence issues.

People always think that people who dress up all the time are trying to make themselves prettier because they have confidence issues. Trust me, we are very confident in how we look, and dressing up is a way to express who we are.

10. If you absolutely have to wear a t-shirt for an occasion, people don't recognize you.

If you absolutely have to dress down for an event, you will. Once you do, people will walk past you without recognizing you. I guess this is good if you ever want to hide from someone.

11. Events that include actually dressing up are your favorite.

There is something exciting about hearing the words “dress up.” Mostly this is because you're so tired of hearing how often you overdress, and you can finally go all out. But you're not surprised if people still say you are “overdressed”.

12. If you don't feel comfortable in an outfit, you change immediately.

If you dress up a lot, you will have days where you don't feel comfortable in an outfit. Most people think that people who dress up all the time are uncomfortable in their clothes,but that's not true. If I don't feel comfortable in an outfit I will change immediately into something I feel more comfortable in.

13. You feel good dressing up.

People dress up because they just feel good about dressing up every day. Dressing up everyday is just part of who they are. If you dress up every day, don't be afraid to own it! Some people may not understand it, but don't let that stop you from being who you are.