Loneliness Hurts Less Than Heartbreak

Loneliness Hurts Less Than Heartbreak

You can feel one thing and the other person can feel the exact opposite.

213
Loneliness Hurts Less Than Heartbreak

Dating is one of the most daunting tasks a human being can do. Putting yourself out there, with your heart in your hand, expecting someone not to break it. I think we all have reached a point in our dating adventure, where we would just rather be alone than deal with the pain that comes with dating.

Time and time again, I’ve seen relationships that I thought were set in stone fail. Anything can happen. That’s the scary part. It sometimes feels as if you’re setting yourself up for failure. You can feel one thing and the other person can feel the exact opposite. You never know. You can’t change the way that someone feels about you.

People always just tell me you’re young just date someone and have fun. Just having "fun" with someone, will only get me so far. I’m not talking about the labels… I don’t care if we call each other boyfriend/girlfriend, I care about the commitment that we have, and the bond the bond we share.

Putting yourself out there, knowing that you will most likely be hurt, just makes me not want to even try.

I would rather be lonely sometimes than put myself out there and face rejection.
It hurts a hell of a lot less being alone than having a broken heart, or feeling like you're not good enough.

I get my hopes up way too fast, I catch feelings, and by that point, I start to give my heart too. It happens all too quick for me, no matter how hard I try to “just have fun”. Even before I know how the other person feels. So either I dive in completely or I start to draw myself back and distance myself.

Being vulnerable and allowing yourself to try to make these difficult steps is what it’s all about. You most likely aren’t going to marry the first guy you date. (THANK THE LORD). You are going to have a few broken hearts, you’re going to want to give up and never date again. But don’t give up. You’ll learn so many lessons along the way. You’ll find things that you like and things you don’t like in a partner. One day you’ll meet someone who will make all of the pain and heartache you’ve been through worth it. At least that’s what I’m telling myself for the time being. But for now... being lonely isn't so bad!