An Open Letter To My Long Distance Best Friends

7 Short Thoughts I Need My Long Distance Best Friends To Know

1. I'm so proud of you

215
@mariaroma3

To my girls,

I am probably texting you right now as I write this but that doesn't matter. I also know this is cheesy as all get out but you'll survive. We are almost always miles and hours apart. Snapchat, text groups and Instagram are great but there's nothing like seeing your faces in person. Since I can't be there and tell you these things before graduation, I'm writing you this letter so listen up!

There are a few things I need you, my long distance best friends, to know

1. I'm so proud of you.

You have accomplished so much. You have overcome struggles, obstacles, and adversity and you made it look so easy. You've made it! You got this far! I'm so glad I can walk around and yell "Those girls are my best friends!"

2. Know that your future is bright.

You have so much ahead of you. The world is out there waiting and you're going to take it by storm. Things may seem unsteady and out of place now but it will be okay. If anyone can handle what life throws at them, it's you. Keep fighting for your future because I know it's going to be amazing. I can't wait to see and be a part of it. Whatever you decide to do, I'm ready to go along for the ride My only request: make the bridesmaid dress cute, please!

3. I've always got your back.

I know we're all over the place. Different cities, different states, and sometimes different countries. But know, you've always got me in your corner. I'm here for you no matter what; for anything and everything. Remember that you have support and someone to lean on. I definitely don't have all of the answers but I'll try my best to help you along the way. You've got a cheerleader, a motivational speaker, a shoulder to cry on, or a slap back into reality whenever you need it.

4. Know that someone is rooting for you.

I'm positive you'll do great, amazing, life-changing things. I'm not worried about your future, but I know you might be. Whenever you doubt yourself, remember there's someone cheering you on. There's nothing I want more to than to see you be happy, successful and fulfilled. It may not seem like it, but you've got this! Remember, I'll always be in the background waving my poms-poms and screaming your name. "Go best friend, that's my best friend!"

5. I miss you.

This one is obvious but still true. Come home once in awhile!

6. Know your worth.

You are beautiful. You are amazing. You are strong. You are smart. You are one of the best people I'll ever know. Don't let others treat you like your worthless. Don't take crap from anyone. You're better than that. Don't let people stay in your life when all they do is hurt you. They aren't worth your time and energy. You deserve to be treated with dignity and respect from everyone in your world. Don't accept anything less than that.

7. I love you.

This one goes without saying but just to remind you again. I love you all so much. Thanks for being my sisters, my confidants, my partners in crime, my bright spots on a dark day. You are the best friends anyone could hope for.

Love,

Your best friend from miles away