A Long Distance Friendship

A Long Distance Friendship

Strong as ever

227
A Long Distance Friendship
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/03/19/636570188029765006365793097_family-2609525_1920.jpg

Some people are lucky enough to be given best friends for life. I was one of those people. My best friend lived down the road from me for most of my life. We would do everything together. Actually.

We had daily bike trips and movie nights. Going a day without her was rare. We would laugh every minute we were with each other. Every important thing that has happened to me, she’s been with me. Through every heartbreak or failure. She was there, despite how much I didn’t listen to her advice.

Until she told me she was moving, to another state.

The day she left me was one of the worst days of my life. I had to adjust to seeing her once every 3 months instead of once every 3 hours. To make everything worse, she was going to California for college. She was actually going to be across the country.

I was so sure we would lose touch and never speak again.

A few years later, we still talk every single day. I count down the days until I get to see her again.

I was so lucky to be given this person. She is the most loyal and amazing human. She has stuck with me through thick, thin, and everything in between. She’s the first person I call when anything happens. She is actually my other half. I’ve never met such a purely incredible person.

Nothing makes me happier than hearing about how successful my best friend is at UC Davis. I am so proud to call her my best friend.

Long distance friendships are hard. Very hard. But, what’s harder is losing the most important person in your life. The memories I have are worth more to me than anything. Long distance friendships suck, but I wouldn’t trade you for anything in the world.

It’s hard to express how grateful I am for you, Sydney, but thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for being in my life. Thank you for being you. No matter how many miles away you are, you’ll always have a special place in my heart.