How to communicate no matter how far you are
Friendships

9 Simple Contact Tips For Long Distance Relationships That'll Steady The Boat, If Rocked

Ways to keep in touch when you can't actually touch.

218

Whether it is going away to school, moving away from home or even going on vacation staying in touch with friends is hard. Here are a few ways that you can keep in touch while being miles away.

1. FaceTime

For iPhone users, FaceTime is an easy and quick way to be able to be face-to-face with someone no matter how far they are.

2. Houseparty

Have a larger group of people or don't have an iPhone? Houseparty is a way to stay in touch with your friends and be able to all talk at once.

3. Skype

upload.wikimedia.org

I feel like Skype is for business calls, but it is an easy way to video chat someone no matter what phone or device they have.

4. Oovoo

Bring back those eighth grade nights where people Oovoo'd all hours of the night.

5. Snapchat/Instagram/Twitter/Facebook

All of the above social medias are great ways to follow and share how your life is going to the world.

6. Texting

Texting is a fun way to keep in touch because it saves people the energy of actually talking on the phone. Plus you can send emojis.

7. Talking on the phone

Some people forget that they can just talk on the phone.

8. Send Emails

As old fashioned as this sounds, it is a perfect way to keep in touch no matter how far apart you may be.

Send a letter in the mail

This is a way to keep in contact without ever having to use electricity. Plus handwriting a letter makes it come from the heart more.

Although going away is hard, there are so many ways that people can still keep in touch with the people they love most!