An Open Letter To My Long Distance BFF

An Open Letter To My Long Distance BFF

I wish you where here to experience it all with me, but I know you're only a FaceTime call away.

11
An Open Letter To My Long Distance BFF
Lauren Spencer

An open letter to my long distance bff,

I want to say I love you and I am so proud of you. You are my other half and I'm so blessed to do life with you. Since we separated for college, it has been hard to see each other but when we are reunited, it's like nothing has changed. You understand me like no one else, and I'm glad we have this weekend to pick up exactly where we left off.

I will never forget the day you moved away. I was happy because you were so excited to live in a place that you have always wanted, but I was so sad because my miss lady was going to be miles away from the place where we grew up. But in the end, we made it work and now our friendship is stronger and more sacred because of it. It has only been a year, but since then, I have moved out of that small town myself, reached new goals, and fallen in love with the opportunities life has thrown my way. I wish you were here to experience it all with me, but I know you're only a FaceTime call away.

We may not go to parties and make stupid decisions like we used to, but there will always be a time for us to pop a bottle of "Kinky" (your favorite) and complain about things that don’t really matter. We may no longer have a countless number of sleepovers, or decide last minute to travel to Indianapolis to meet someone famous, but I know no matter how old we get things won't ever change.

What is truly great about all of this is no matter how old we get there will still be time for us to make a few more immature decisions that might lead to $1200 tickets or jail time but as long as we are in it together, you better believe I'll be along for the ride. What we have is something people could only wish for in another person, and I am thankful for the things I have learned because of you. Our friendship has taught me that it doesn't matter how many miles apart we are when it comes to people you love. Above all else, our friendship is something to cherish and be proud of. It's easy for friends who live so far to grow apart, but you always seemed to be there at the end of each and every day.