An Open Letter To My Long-Distance BFF

An Open Letter To My Long-Distance BFF

Whether you're a 10-minute drive from me, or a 10-hour flight away, I'll always keep you in my life and be there for you when you need me.

418
An Open Letter To My Long-Distance BFF

Kelsey,

When we met almost a year ago, I could tell instantly we were going to get along. Your carefree and welcoming personality made me feel like I could talk to you about anything from the second we introduced ourselves. Making friends hasn't always been my strong suit, but somehow with you, it came super easy.

As you know, I'm a little introverted and I like laying-low. I don't always like that about myself. I wish I could be a little bit freer, and relaxed. When we met, I could tell you weren't like me. You're vibrant, outgoing, and always seem so sure of yourself. Even when you're at your maximum level of stressed out, you still tough things out and make the best of every situation. The way you harness all of your problems and figure things out for yourself is truly a gift. I've always admired that about you. I found that the more time we spent together, the more you brought out qualities in me that I never knew I had. I love spending time with people who make me feel good about myself and there's never been a day where you haven't done that for me in some way; and for that, I'm forever grateful.

The day I found out I'd be moving away from you, my heart broke a little bit. You were the first friend I had made all on my own in a really long time and I was so scared leaving you would change our relationship. Meeting you honestly made me a better person. You helped me feel confident in myself, and strive to reach my goals. I felt a whole lot less scared about life in general knowing I had you in my corner to back me up, no matter what. What more could I have asked for in a friend?

Leaving you was hard, but it didn't ruin us. In fact, I honestly feel closer to you now than ever before because I know that when we see each other again, it'll be like we never missed a day. We've always been good that way. Of course, I wish I could call you whenever I'm feeling bored or lonely and you could come and visit with me. But I get to look forward to the special occasions when we do get to see each other, and that always makes me feel better.

Genuine friendships are hard to come by. It's very rare for me to meet someone and feel an authentic connection to them. Having that connection is super important to me, and with you, it's always been there. That's how I know it will always be there. We may be 200 miles away from each other, but I always keep you with me in my heart. I know that friendships like ours don't come around every day, that's why I make such an effort to keep you close. I never want to lose this bond.

I can't thank you enough for all that you've done for me throughout this past year. We saw good days and we saw bad days, but every day was a little bit better because we had each other to lean on. Whether you're a 10-minute drive from me, or a 10-hour flight away, I'll always keep you in my life and be there for you when you need me. Long-distance is a bitch but friendships like ours are special, and you'll always be my go-to gal.

Love,

Zoë