Thoughts On Life And The Hardships That Come With It Part II

This is a second part of fiction stories that I have written.

16
Google

My House

I came up to my house up the driveway. I stand by the door, fumbling the keys in my hand. I find the key, slide it into the knob and open the door. It opens to the same boring every day clicking sound, the sound that rings in my ear. I go through the door and sit in my empty house and remanence. I sit and drink my hot tea, the fume going in my face. It fogged up my glasses as I sit watching television. I watch a late night show on HBO. My wife will be home soon, leading to another fight most likely. Every day was the same as the last. I sit at home with no dinner prepared. My son is upstairs, doing his homework I hope. The only time he usually comes down is for dinner. The full moon illuminates outside. I sit by the window, gazing up at the moon. I stare at the ceiling, getting ready to go to sleep. As I go to my bed to have another bad night’s sleep.

Weather

The snow was falling heavily now. The snow glistened over hills and mountain tops. The snow could be seen on trees and streets. Cars struggled as they drove past the snow, the snow going in the air. Cars would splash mud as they drove their cars. It would go on the snow and make it a dirty color. It would turn from a nice white color to a dirty blackish color. Some people even plowed the snow with their own machines. No one ever offered me there’s, not even the neighbors. I guess they like to see my old self struggle to plow the snow. They like to see my fingers cramp and my body ache. Some people are evil and greedy. It just is how some people are. Some people can change, some will never change. Not even my grandsons or daughters would come to help me. I plow the snow slowly and surely. My body struggles for control as I muster all my strength to throw snow around. I didn’t want to throw out my back. With each push, I hold a deep breath. People went and shoveled the snow. Kids as well struggled to shovel the snow. Many kids would not shovel the snow. They would sit in their house and play video games or not care and watch television. This generation seems to be too involved in their phones and other devices. The new generation is getting lazy and not going out as much as they used too. New technology threatens people and will make them go mad. People can barely survive without their cell phones, the crazy part. Small children have this high technology already. I sat in my house, watching them. I mocked them and looked at them with shame. What is going to be next robots doing things for us? Maybe that movie “I Robot” with the talented Will Smith will be a reality someday. Good thing I will not be alive to see it. My back hurt from shoveling all the inches and inches of snow. I needed to take my pills, but I struggled to get up to take them. Some people used other machines to take out the snow, mostly the old people. I sit in my reclining chair and my eyes start to close a little more and more.

A Person

A person walked through the crowd. He looked to be an evil man, there was a great fire in his eyes. He was short in stature and looked very ugly. He pushed by people, bumping into many. It looked like he had a sharp knife on him. He knocked over an old lady and stole her purse filled with money. He was desperate. The woman couldn’t get up, the man was purely evil and somewhat smart. He looked to be experienced in stealing, doing it many different times. I tried to get him, but he was too fast. He ran at a blazing speed. He looked like a track star running away. Instead of using his skills to steal, he should be doing something else productive. But, people fall off track. He was dressed in a black hoodie; you couldn’t see his face clearly as he wore a black hat. He did this on purpose to commit his crime and not get into trouble. He was gone now as people helped the old lady get up. Somebody fetched her cane off the ground. The very next day, in the newspaper, the same robber was caught. He was found dead in the middle of the street, by an unknown cause. Nobody could figure it out. Justice comes to people in unexpected ways. Karma. Maybe God had gotten to him. Maybe the devil said it was his time to go, he maybe signed a deal with him, sick of his life of crime. Nobody will ever know the true cause. Karma really is a burden to many.

The Church

The church was sitting there in its usual place. The dust was setting in. It was Christmas time, as the church was decorated in red and green. A huge Christmas tree sat there in the church hall. After the church service, we would Christmas carols downstairs and be thankful for what we have. I was greatly thankful. Thankful for being alive and healthy, thankful for being in school. It is not good to take things for granted. We would then eat the great dinner that was downstairs, waiting for us. Everyone could see the tree glowing. Beautiful decorations sat on the tree. Until a little bit later after church service, someone let a dog in. It went and knocked down the great tree, breaking everything in its path. It seemed like the man let the huge dog in on purpose. The dog was as big as a person. It was all black with huge black eyes. It looked evil. It shattered all the ornaments and church possessions. It destroyed the tree, as it sat on the ground. Everybody sat there, mind blown at what had just happened. Some people chased the dog, but it got away of course. At one point everything was gone. Children were crying. People were so angry, this happened on Christmas day. People left the church service, sadder then they had left. The dog ran away afterword’s; no one could find it. It was lost in the streets somewhere, could be dead. I stared at the remaining pieces of broken glass ornaments. I took one in my hand that I thought wasn’t so broken. It was one that I had put onto the tree. But it smashed, breaking into my hand. Blood dripped down into my hand as I left. This was a horrible Christmas. I did find one beautiful ornament on the ground though, it was a reindeer that was glowing.