I grew up in the generation of Linda Carter as Wonder Woman

One Corset Gave Me The Confidence I've Been Searching For My Entire Adult Life

I put my hands on my hips and felt the power of being a sensually sexy woman emerge from my inner fears.

120
https://www.flickr.com/photos/48714847@N06/6258038138

I grew up in the generation of Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, and the image of her in that busty red, white, and blue corset has always stuck in my head as the powerful image of a woman that is in command of her body and her surroundings.

However, I convinced myself purchasing a corset is too intimidating because of my age, size, shape, or the image it represents. It is something most mature women avoid due to the belts, buckles, strings, stays, and lacy bodice. Yet, I had this fascination that I could not suppress anymore. So, it was time to take the next step in my life's adventures and overcome my fear, walk into the local adult store, and try one on.

I entered the store and was instantly amazed at the amount of lingerie displayed and found corsets of all shapes and styles. The leather corset with all the buckles was intimidating and excited me. However, I had to slow my ambition and just go for a basic one and see how it felt for this larger than life woman bound up in this sensual attire.

As I perused the store, I found myself becoming titillated, as I touched the silk bodice and the belt buckles of various corsets. Once I found the style that I thought best suited my personality, I asked the sales associate to take it to the fitting room and assist me. The corset is black, of course, because what other color best suits a woman that is looking to be naught and sexy at the same time?

My selection was a lace-up, boned over the bust corset. There is silk lace ribboned along the top that ties at the bust line to pull the breasts together in a voluptuous way, and bottom of the corset has the same silk ribbon trim. The delicate intricate floral pattern of the body gives the corset its sensual appeal. The front of the corset has tiny silver buttons and hooks that snap together and keep the form that makes me feel sensually feminine. The boned stays are no more than three inches apart to give me the secure feeling of being held gently but tight. The back of the corset has the ties that crisscross my back and tie at the middle.

My expectation as I snapped the corset around my mid-drift was greeted with titillation and sensual happiness. It looked sexy and that was before the sales associate began pulling the ribbon in the back to enclose the back and give my body more detail. I stared in the mirror what seemed like several minutes, wide-eyed and afraid to move. Was this me, the woman who never thought she was sexy enough to put on a corset.

I ran my hands over the top of the corset and felt the silky ribbon between my fingers. My hands moved down my body and the delicate silky pattern and strong stays sent a sensual sensation through my hands. I put my hands on my hips and felt the power of being a sensually sexy woman emerge from my inner fears. As the sales associate pulled the ribbons in the back, she had me lean forward to make sure I could breathe.

When she was finally done, I stood up and leaned forward again to adjust my breasts for the last time. The cleavage that I thought was sexy took on a new type of sensual erotic sexy that made my heart beat faster. As I looked at myself in the mirror, I realized the force of one single piece of lingerie. It can give this woman the confidence and control she has yearned for all her adult life.

The same way a sexy pair of black shiny pumps or an exquisitely fitted business suit can give a woman the confidence to conquer the boardroom, a corset will give a woman the confidence to be in control as well.