17 Reasons A 2-Bedroom With Your BFF Is The Number 1 Living Situation

You're living with your best friend... What else needs to be said?
8250

I've lived in all the college roommate situations: Found a roommate in a class Facebook page, got a random roommate, lived with a group of old friends. This year, I am living with my best friend in a two-bedroom apartment, and it has been the best living situation I've had for many reasons.

1. You already know each other really well

First day with random roommate: So, uh, what are your hobbies?

First day with best friend roommate: Wanna get pizza later?

2. Bills are way easier

Having multiple roommates means waiting on multiple people giving you money for bills, taking their precious time and not cooperating. Having one roommate makes it MUCH easier, especially when it is your best friend and you can just be shady until they pay you without worrying if they hate you.

3. You always know who left the mess

No more being passively angry at everyone because you can't figure out who is piling up dishes in the sink or refusing to take the trash out. Now, you always know!

4. You probably don't fight

You've been friends long enough that if you do fight, they're old-married-couple-esque bickers that mean virtually nothing.

5. Cleaning schedules are much more manageable

Dividing up tasks between various people (especially ones who don't get along) is impossible. Dividing up tasks between two people who DO get along and have a common goal of maintaining a not disgusting apartment is easy.

6. Texting one roommate about issues is better than a group text

Say goodbye to the awkward group text where you politely tell everyone you're sick of their shit. Now you can just knock on your roommates' door and say hello I am sick of your shit.

7. Same size fridge, fewer people

I mean, need I say more?

8. It's like a sleepover every night

As kids, having a sleepover with your BFF every night was a thing of your dreams, and now it is happening.

9. Asking to have friends over is better because you probably have the same ones

You don't have to get it OKed by a group of people, or by somebody who doesn't know anyone coming over. You really don't even need to ask anymore.

10. There's little to no judgment about your eating habits

The 7th pizza of the month used to make you feel awkward with your random roommate. Now, your bestie is on #7 as well.

11. You always have someone to go out with

You can get ready together, go out together, and cop some greasy foods to eat on the couch when you get home together.

12. You already know what annoys you about the other person

Thank God you don't have to become roommates first to find out their annoying habits. You already know, and chose to live with them anyway.

13. You only have to pick up after 2 people, and one is yourself

Trying to figure out what stuff goes to what room is a pain. If it isn't yours, it is theirs. Simple as that.

14. You can borrow stuff anytime

You don't have to awkwardly text your stranger roommate and ask if you can borrow a small bit of milk for your cereal, you can just borrow it. (Emily, I borrowed your hairbrush this morning.)

15. You look forward to coming home

When you're in a bad, awkward or just slightly negative living situation, you might not look forward to coming back home, but when you live with your best friend, it is great.

16. You give each other enough personal space

You know you don't need to force friendship, you can each be alone when you need it.

17. You're living with your best friend... What else needs to be said?

A person I love, sings Disney songs with me constantly and doesn't get upset when I leave my Trix yogurt cup on the side table for 3 days out of sheer laziness? That's the kind of roommate I've always wanted.