Living with Mono

This past week, I was diagnosed with "the kissing disease" [insert eye rolling here]. I had heard of what it was like to have mono, but I didn't think people were being serious about how they could be exhausted all the time (even when they got eight hours of sleep the previous night), or how they didn't have an appetite. But let me reassure you this is what I have been living with for the past week, and it absolutely sucks.

Anyone who has caught mono understands how annoying it is for it to be called "the kissing disease." It is not cute, and it's definitely not funny. It is annoying and incorrect to a point because that's not the only way to catch it. Yes, you can get it from kissing, but you can also get it from sharing drinks or food or using a drinking fountain. Please stop calling it "the kissing disease". Sincerely everyone with mono.

My doctor told me I'd need to get plenty of rest and fluids, but I didn't think she meant I would want to sleep all day everyday. But this is what she indirectly meant. Doing anything is a struggle. Wake up, want to go back to sleep. Walk up a flight of stairs, want to go back to sleep. Get off of bed, and all I want to do is crawl back into it and sleep. Living with mono me everything is exhausted and people look at you like stop faking it it can't be that bad. Well let me assure you for every person with mono, it is this bad.

One thing I am so tired of hearing that if I hear one more time I might just snap is that I shouldn't share food and drinks with anyone since I have mono. Yes, I know this. No, you don't have to tell me. No, I don't share my food and drinks especially when I am sick for this exact reason! Now if you don't mind, politely take your comments somewhere else and this person with mono is now going to bed for about the fifth time today.