5 Things I've Learned From Living With 5 Other Girls

MTV, welcome to our crib!

159
photo by Bonnie O'Connor

This year my 5 best friends and I embarked on the journey of moving into our cute home altogether. This journey had been a long time coming considering we had decided on this living situation in October of our freshman year.

Living with this group of girls has been such a blessing to me and has taught me not only more about myself but even more about them! We have gotten closer, grown together, and made our house a home. We have had countless laughs and some cries, but we have supported each other throughout the process and have truly become a family.

Living with girls brings a whole lot to the table. I have learned more than I thought possible from my roommates, so with this in mind, here are 5 things I have learned from living with my girl gang:)

1. We all have started to talk the same way.

I am 100% someone who picks up and adapts to the people I am around. This has definitely been the circumstance living with 5 other girls. Eventually, we have all started saying the same phrases, using the same language, and talking in inside jokes. We all seem to hear a phrase and run with it and for some time it is all our house will be saying, but it makes things funnier and makes all the more similar

2. Hair

My roommates and I seem to have a whole lot of hair between the 6 of us. It's quite inevitable that living with a house of girls means hair being everywhere. At this point, it does not seem to even phase any of us. As a blonde I'll look down and notice brown hair on my sweater and it will just make me laugh thinking about my roommates and all the poor hair that has been lost in our home; just part of being girls I guess:)

3. Need medicine? Shampoo? Someone's got it.

Our house is almost like our own personal drug store. Between the 6 of us, we pretty much own any medicine under the sun and can be there in a split second when one of us runs out of something. Game days were always my favorite when we all got ready together and swapped makeup, clothes, lipstick; all the girly things

4. Girls LOVE sweets.

My house has got a pretty bad sweet tooth. We love all the sweets and are always down for milkshake dates. Definitely thankful to have roommates that appreciate some ice cream as much as I do

5. Dance parties. Any time. Any day.

We love a good sing-a-long and dance party at our home. My roommates are the funniest dancers and never fail to brighten my day when we jam out to some throwback songs.