Living While We're Young

Living While We're Young

What's Your Definition Of Living Life To The Fullest?

508
Living While We're Young

Summer time is here, and it makes think about the idea of youth and living life to our fullest. What does in the context of things, actually mean?

What does living life to your fullest actually mean to you?

Philosopher and Mathematician Bertrand Russell once said “The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge”.

Psychologist Carl Rodgers says that “The good life is a process, not a state of being, it is a direction not a destination. “

In today’s time there is a lot of pressure to live by the standards of others. In the past I have written about what it means to live by the standards of others dealing with success. But what about when it comes to the more mundane things? What about when it deals with the standards of having fun?

Many times, there are pressures that are thrust upon us to live life to the fullest. But I started to think to myself, how about if your definition of this may be different from another’s perspective?

What is your definition of living life to the fullest?

For me, it may be sitting down with a cup of coffee and a new book. For you it may be taking a hike, climbing a mountain or painting a landscape. But just because we have different perspectives on what it means to live life to the fullest doesn’t mean that they aren’t all important. Just because they may be vastly different doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be precious to you.

So yes, many times we are often left to follow a standard. To look towards pop culture and social media to see what is deemed “popular”, “cool”, and “fun”.

But now it’s your turn to ask yourself, what`s important to you?