Spring = Death. Well at least for those that suffer with seasonal allergies. It's a really hard time and we struggle through it every year. Oftentimes those that don't suffer make the same frequent comments or ask the same questions. Us allergy suffers want you to know these things before you ask us the same old questions and make the same old comments.
1. The sight of blooming trees make us want to sneeze.
2. We are jealous of those that can sit outside all day.
3. We sit outside for an hour and we start sneezing.
4. We sit in the grass and immediately start to feel itchy.
5. Really participating in any outdoor activity is a bad idea.
6. Driving with the windows down? Yeah we wish.
7. We ALWAYS have to shower after being outside.
8. Rain is a double-edged sword.
We want it to rain to wash away the pollen, but the rain makes plants pollinate more. It really is a double-edged sword.
9. Seeing a coat of pollen on our cars immediately signals it's about to be a rough day.
10. We go through boxes and boxes of tissues.
11. We just want to sleep all the time.
We have to take benadryl in the mornings a lot which leaves us feeling drowsy throughout the day. Also, we just want to sleep because it's better than staying awake and suffering.
12. We can't focus.
Try getting schoolwork done while you have to blow your nose every 30 seconds. Also it's hard to focus when your eyes are non-stop itching and burning.
13. People constantly ask us if we are sick.
For the THOUSANDTH time, no. I have allergies and am not contagious.
14. People constantly ask us if we are high.
Again, we are not high. We can't help that allergies make our eyes red and dry.