Living Through Learning

Living Through Learning

Here Are Somethings I Learned And Chose To Embrace

8
Living Through Learning

REFLECTING.

Reflecting in on yourself is always a good thing, especially with the new year making its opening debut I feel like this is the time most humans reflect on their past and most recent selves.

But I feel like reflecting has become more of an act of dwelling.

Dwelling on past mistakes and regrets.

What if we focused more on the lessons we learned.

Now I do understand that some lesson are born for negative experiences, but why not focus on what those negative experiences and emotions taught us instead of dwelling on how they could of turned out in our favor.

Here are some lessons I have learned in 2016 that I am taking into 2017..

~ My health is irreplaceable, both physical and mental.

~ He will never be the source of my happiness

~ She will never be the source of my happiness

~ Someone else can not and will never be the source of my happiness, only I can.

~ Best friends will break your heart too, and it will hurt. It will hurt a lot.

~ I choose how long it takes for ME to heal

~ Take responsibility for YOUR emotions. If they involve another human being communicate with them. Whether you're in love, whether they've hurt you, whether you feel the need to go to them for help, DO IT. There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind. Just remember that you do not have control over their response.

~ MY EMOTIONS AND THOUGHTS ARE VALID, AND SO ARE YOURS!

~ Communication is so important.

~ Do not make yourself sick by bottling in your words and emotions. If they can be spoken and heard in an healthy environment, please take action.

~ Being alone is okay.

~ I've found, that I need more alone time than I was originally giving myself

~Your favorite human beings will change and stray and you will feel forgotten. Pick your self up. You were you before them and you CAN carry on

~ The person you chose as you confidant will do shitty things, forgive them for your sake. Carrying around anger is a waste of your time and energy.

~ Don't forget to check your moral compass from time to time.

~ Make sure you do everything in your power to make something right for yourself and for the person/ people you love for the sake of your relationship. Even if in the end they don't want to carry on with you in their life, you did and that is what matters.

~ Not everything that is magical has to be romantic. I've been blessed to have experienced a magical platonic friendship in my day and it is beautiful.

~ MAKING AN EFFORT FOR THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE SHOULD NOT BE SHAMED OR GO UNNOTICED.

~ MAKING EFFORT IN GENERAL IS SO IMPORTANT

~ I have every right to walk away, and so do you.

~ Stand your ground, know what you want to say, don't be a coward. Just say it, just do it, "rip off the bandaid" as they say.

~ You're still strong even if it goes unrecognized

~ Do not be afraid of feelings of any stature, shout them, embrace them.

~ Sometimes you have to be done with a situation, in order to move on with you're life

~ You can't walk around trying to protect their feelings. I understand you love them but your love for them does not make them perfect by any means.

~ DO NOT BE AFRAID TO BE VUNERABLE, VUNERABILITY IS STRENGTH

~ Do everything through love.

~ Sometimes at the end of the day all we have is ourselves, and we are enough.

Just a small insight to what I've learned in the past year and what I will be carrying with me as I venture off into a new one.

I hope you keep learning.