Stop Worrying About The Perfect Post And Live In The Moment

Stop Worrying About The Perfect Insta Post And Start Living In The Moment

Live in the moment, not from the lens of a camera.

224

If I could spend the rest of my life at concerts, I would. There's just something about hundreds of people bound together by music that is so special to me. This weekend I went to the "Man of the Woods" tour by Justin Timberlake and I will remember it for the rest of my life. As usual, his performance was stellar and he is one of the most entertaining performers out there. Unlike most people, when I relive the night of that concert, I relive it through my memories. Why you might ask?

Because I lived in the moment, not through my camera lens.

I hate when I look around at a concert and see hundreds of people on their phones instead of living in the moment. I always wonder how that could be a true concert experience. You're looking through a filter, not truly experiencing the heat of the moment. I always think that if you do that then you might as well have stayed home and watched the concert on Youtube. Our generation is so attached to our phones and social media. We worry about our "perfect" Instagram posts and trying to show off our lifestyle to brag to others.

We as a generation have lost living in the moment.

I was originally going to make this post all about living in the moment at concerts; however, I think that this post should go beyond concerts. It should go into life as well. We look around on campus and see so many people on their phones. No one is talking to each other, only scrolling. Gone are the days when we would call someone to talk to them, not just send a "you up?" text. We would rather barricade ourselves in our rooms, avoiding social interaction and only having Netflix as our true friend (unless the wi-fi is out of course).

Make 2019 the year that you start living in the moment.

When I was at the concert, of course, I took a few photos to document my experience. I did obviously want something tangible to look at. Yet, I didn't take videos or spend more than a second on my phone. I limited my cell use as much as possible because I wanted to live in the heat of the moment. This year, our generation needs to start living in the heat of the moment. Not living behind our phone screens.