What It Really Means to Live Limitlessly

Are you really living a life you love?

109

As kids we were limitless. We took trips to the moon, went on safari adventures around our backyard, and woke up being our favorite superhero one day and ballerinas the next. We created a life that was full of possibilities and imagination. We hadn’t yet learned to how to worry and we hadn’t been told that what we wanted to be was impossible. We were born without knowing how to hold back; loving, creating, and moving were all just instinctive.

If we were all born with the capacity to live limitlessly, why do we find ourselves so conditioned to settle for mediocre? We stay in relationships that don’t make us happy, we hold on to jobs that give us no room to grow, and we constantly complain about the same things day in and day out, becoming so comfortable with mediocrity we refuse to change. We’ve come to believe, and unfortunately accepted, that our ability to change is limited. We don’t deserve a healthy relationship, we will never find a job we love, and we can’t move here or travel there because it’s just straight up impossible. What we don’t realize is that fear, self doubt, and uncertainty are the only real limits keeping us from change. These limits are learned over time and cause us to forget how awesomely unique and talented we are. The possibilities for how we see ourselves in the world are endless and we are the ones we get to decide. We are the boss.

Living a limitless life doesn’t mean throwing all caution to the wind and buying a one way ticket to Thailand without a penny to your name. It’s about learning how to live limitlessly within your true limits. True limits include financial, moral, and circumstantial restraints. They are what keep you from making life-changing decisions that would eventually lead you down a path of unhappiness. But within these true limits, we are meant to live with an open heart and an open mind. This practice is the secret to freeing yourself of learned limits. It’s in these moments of candor, you allow your intuition to speak and guide you to what you’re longing for. The challenge is to listen. What limit are you about to push? What ceiling are you about to break? Where is it telling you to go? Living limitlessly is about the willingness to say yes to what the world has to offer.

It is believed that the solution, the invention, the idea exists long before the problem. The person, the love, the job, the life-- your solution-- is already out there, you just have to tap into it. It’s important to give yourself the space and time to really listen to what your body and heart are calling for. Once you know what that is, acknowledge it, grab it, and pull it a little closer to your heart. This is the direction you need to start heading, confidently and passionately.

Today I want you to really and honestly ask yourself why can’t I live limitlessly, why can’t I turn the life I have into the life I want? I want you all, right now, to repeat after me, in the wise words of Cady Heron, “The limit does not exist.”

Peace, love, and make it a Tito's.