Live Like You Mean It

Live Like You Mean It

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

2
Live Like You Mean It
Wanderlusters

I heard something this weekend and it really got me thinking: when was the last time you did something for the first time? Twelve words, one sentence, but it sure packs a punch.

In all honesty, I couldn't remember the last time I'd done something completely new just for the heck of it. I have all the time in the world and yet I can't manage to try something new every now and again? Sad story indeed, but I have good news!

Life isn't over and you have time to try new things.

Show of hands who watches Netflix when you have free time? I'm guilty too but think of it this way: if we exchanged the time we watched Netflix for something new and exciting think of how adventurous our lives could become. It's that simple you guys. We have the time we're just lazy with it.

I'm learning every day that life isn't tomorrow, it's right now, it's happening in this moment we're in. Start a blog, pick up a new hobby, make sushi, just do anything, but waste this gift of life. It's so easy to get sucked into the whirlwind of corporate America with their schedules, cubicles, and defining guidelines, but we were made for more, you were made for more.

Dream so big that it terrifies you. Live life so large that the world seems small. Be wild. Be bold. Be impractical. You only get this one life so don't take it for granted. Don't get to the end of your life with wasted "I should have", but arrive with reckless "I did". Live life like you mean it.

2017 is right around the corner and I challenge you to greet the new year with renewed ambition and drive. Chase your dreams and create new ones. Cross that item off your bucket list. Live intentionally and with purpose because anything less is pointless. Challenge yourself, push yourself, and break boundaries. Don't let fear and failure even cross your mind.

I do believe Cecil Beaton said it best, "Be daring. Be different. Be impractical. Be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safe, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary."