My Littles Are The Best Connections I've Made In College

It's the Little things in life that make life BIG!

141
Julie Charlebois

When I first joined my fraternity, I was lucky enough to be chosen by a wonderful person who became my Big. She was there to guide me through the process of joining our organization but she was also the person I went to with anything in life like boy problems, picking classes and roommate drama. She quickly became one of my closest friends.

Now, I was lucky enough to choose not one, but TWO amazing Littles. Going in, I didn't know anything about either of them. I was trusting my Facebook stalking finds and what I heard from others. But boy, did I pick some good ones! My Littles, although they started out as strangers, have become of two of my closest friends.

They always know exactly how to brighten my day. These little rays of sunshine come in many forms, like daily dad jokes, and are always appreciated. I was lucky enough to have a class with my Little this year and having her to suffer through Russian Fairy Tales with made every Monday and Wednesday better. Also, she never judged me when I arrived two seconds before class started, not even when I showed up 15 minutes late with a bagel and Starbucks.

They are always there for me. The day after I went through a breakup, my Little came to visit me at work, brought me my favorite candy, took me out to dinner, and made me come to her apartment where we binge-watched "Criminal Minds" and she passed me tissues. They are there for me in my time of need.

It is so easy hanging out with them. The three of us could sit in Panera for hours and just talk and I wouldn't even notice time passing. They are my go-to people to hang out with, and at any given point, at least one of them is free to grab lunch or is already in the library with an empty study seat.

Both of my Littles inspire and amaze me every day. They are both such kind, creative, caring individuals and I am not sure how I was lucky enough to have them brought into my life. Although it's my job to provide them guidance and be their mentor, it has been my pleasure to be their friends as well. They have made being their Big one of the greatest things about my college experience.