4 Little Things You Have To Do When You Come Home

The matter the most.
86

Coming home from college for the holidays, it's a time to relax and see your friends and family. It's your time to reorient and collect yourself outside of the wild shift in reality that college brings with it.

There's so much that can happen in that time but there's never a shortage of things that need to be done, but it's the little comforts that means oh so much when you're able to enjoy them.

1. A home-cooked meal

Unlimited dining hall food is great and all but there's just something else to having a meal that you've grown up around - especially when you're like me and grew up on food with spices and flavoring beyond salt, pepper, and paprika. Nothing hits the spot more than a good helping of chicken khorma, lokhi, and rice that's actually been boiled all the way - for me anyway lol.

2. Sleeping in your own bed

This is just a universal comfort. The feeling of dropping into your own sheets and being able to actually spread your legs in a bed for the first time in weeks is honestly an indulgence in itself. Also, being able to wrap up in a blanket at night without having to worry about possibly rolling off your bunked death trap of a bed is a nice feeling too.

3. Not thinking about work

Living at college means living where you work and that's a stress entirely in itself. Coming home and having an entire change of scenery is another wall that's broken down and a step closer to completely being away from that way of life just for a little while - time to unwind and really pull together.

4. The OG friends

One of the hardest parts about was having to say bye to the friends that had been there as we all went our separate ways so of course one of the most important things to do is making sure to see them again. Reunions FTW.