A Little Love Story

A Little Love Story

A story about falling in and out of love.

15
A Little Love Story
Instagram: Alittlenovember

First meeting

The numerous roads you travel on can lead you to your wildest desires.

His departure was a one way trip to an arrival filled with instant gratification.

She needed a new love that would ignite happiness and self-assurance. Her only option was to leave behind her sorrows and discover wanderlust.

That’s how their love story started.

She never went looking for trouble, rather her curiosity lusted after it.

He understood how love worked and yet he no longer cared for it.

The city was flooded with people in love.

She saw and kept on moving.

He glanced and didn’t care.

Their fingers brushed for a moment, Fireworks.

He leaves with her number, Stars.

She wondered if it was a mistake, an action that can be taken back.

He stared at the number, shoved the paper in his pocket and continued on his journey of self-care.

First Date

They snuck passed her mother. Up the fire escape with quiet feet and watched as the city lights flicker on like stars.

He was a run all the streetlights kind of guy.

She had a pleasant nature with simplified taste. With every endeavor came a sumptuous award that she achieved happily.

The chemistry was strong and she was the yin to his yang.

He was scared to love but her smile was the remedy.

“Sweetie, I’m so terrified of change. I’ve just learned to roll with it.”

Falling in Love

He ought to have come with a sign: caution may cause butterflies.

He was the type of guy that would look at her with enamored eyes and would hold her in a compassionate manner.

He fell in love with the way she looked at things.

The crisp air enveloped her days with hope and renewal. “See, darling? Even the leaves fall for you.”

An evening filled with delicate touches and perfect kisses was all she needed after a stressful week.

It was hard to be miserable, even on gloomy Friday nights, when he danced in the rain.

How did anyone ever get so lucky? She could travel the world and meet hundreds of people and she’d still make her way back to him.

Scooting towards his warmth. He smiles then kisses her nose. They’re full of secrets.

“You leave me in a trance of content and infatuation.”

Beautiful eyes, beautiful smile, beautiful sunset, beautiful soul.

“Oh how you make me love the sunset only because I see it in your eyes.”

They took a smile, a few interactions, a shared bottle of rosé, and a drunken kiss and called it love.

It’s so easy falling in love.

Falling out of Love

She lost herself trying to write a story that wasn’t her.

“I’ll change my sheets, I’ll change my routine, I’ll change the color of my walls, but I’ll never change myself, or my love. Not for you, not for anyone.”

“Tell me.” She sat down on the step. “Is two better than one or can one stand alone?” He stared off into the distance because somehow he knew it related to their relationship.

When the night is over and the sun rises in the east, I ask only that you wake me before you tiptoe into the elevator and out the door. For November is the beginning of all things and the end of all things, and I need to see you leave so I can welcome in the breeze.

Isn’t it wicked?

Everything reminded him of her.

The dust in the attic. The smell of fire in the wintertime. The feeling of beat leather seats in his car.

In her time of need, she does exactly as she pleases.

She wiped her tears. Looking out at the sunset, she was no longer upset or sad.

She was more alone than she had ever been, she was more powerful than she’d ever been.

He didn't mind being alone. He didn't mind the silence. But he missed the warmth.

You vented to me and I couldn’t handle it, so I left. You were real and that was all I’ve ever wanted. Maybe “real” is too much or maybe it was your beautiful soul that was.

Hope

Searching for silver linings.

Even on the dark and gloomy days, the sun will always shine.

Dreaming of better days and happier endings.

This story is a collaboration between my friend (Jenny Hynes) and I. Most of the material is taken from our Instagram page alittlenovember. Follow us for more of our writing and photos.