Most of My High School Electives Were English Electives!

These electives made me enjoy English as a subject. They were one of the reasons why high school was great.

19
https://www.maxpixel.net/Writing-Ink-Pen-Letter-Fountain-Pen-Ink-Pen-6887056

1. Creative Writing

I took this elective in the first half of my freshman year. It was very fun. I wrote a lot of different literature pieces like poems, dramas, and short stories. There was a portfolio to complete in the end. My classmates and I shared what we wrote.

2. Monsters in Literature

I took this elective in the second half of my freshman year. I learned how to analyze well-known monsters and creatures like Dracula and King Kong. I also learned how to define evil. It did not only mean being the bad guy. In the end, I defined evil as a plant that we cannot control. This was an interesting elective.

3. Theatre 1

I took this elective during junior year. I learned a lot about theatre in this class. I did a lot of acting, projections, and games. I watched some musicals and movies. I made a report about Robert Williams. This elective was very interesting, fun, and unforgettable.

4. Children’s Literature

I took this elective during the first half of my senior year. This elective was very easygoing. I read some children’s literature like Alice in Wonderland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I learned new things about children’s literature.

5. Mythology

I took this elective during the second half of my senior year. This was a fun, interesting, and unforgettable class. We get to explore myths and read a story about Gilgamesh. One of the main focuses in this elective was the hero’s journey. I had to write about a time in my life that was correlated to the hero’s journey.

6. Journalism

I also took this elective during the second half of my senior year. I had to read current events and make a blog about the English and Asian songs that I heard. I also had to do a survey where I asked my classmates and friends about the things that make them laugh. This elective was fun and unforgettable.