8 Questions To Ask Yourself If You're Wondering If You Really Like Him, Or Just Like His Attention

8 Questions To Ask Yourself If You’re Debating Whether You REALLY Like Him, Or Just His Attention

Do you feel guilty when you flirt with other people?

25

Sometimes, we find ourselves head over heels for a person. They seem to be perfect and you want more than anything to be with them. Other times, we find ourselves head over heels for attention — just longing for someone, anyone to give us good morning and good night texts, to listen to our rants, and to hold a Snapchat streak with.

I know I'm not alone when I say that sometimes I started to have feelings for people just because I enjoyed the attention they gave me. It's not the greatest feeling, but when you're so used to being alone, it's hard not to fall for someone giving you the attention you deserve.

However, at some point you have to ask yourself the question — do you really like him, or do you just like the attention? If you find yourself debating this, before you give it an answer, ask yourself these eight questions as well.

Do you care about him as a person?

If you find yourself having to fake interest in what he's telling you, you may not really like him and may just enjoy the attention he's giving you instead. If you truly like someone, you will care about them as a person and you will care about everything they tell you. You won't have to fake any of it.

If you don't, you probably don't like him as much as you think. You're probably more attracted to the attention he gives you.

Do you find yourself clung to your phone, wondering when he'll Snap or text you back?

This means you're probably more attracted to the attention. Unless you are talking about something ~super serious~, you can wait a few minutes for a reply and it's no biggie. Constantly holding your phone in your hand wondering when you'll get a reply isn't the most authentic kind of connection.

Did you start developing feelings quickly?

Most of the time, when you catch feelings very quickly, it's because you're attracted to the idea of having someone in your life. It doesn't really matter who it is, you're just thankful there's someone there to give you attention.

How well do you know this person?

Do you know a lot about him, or just the basics?

What are your conversations like?

Similar to #5, do your conversations run deeper than small talk? Are you really getting to know each other, or just talking to fill time?

Can you see the two of you getting into a relationship?

If you really like him, you're going to see potential for a relationship developing. If not, you're probably just thankful for the attention.

Is this a rebound?

Are you using this guy just to feel better as you get over the last person you dated? If so, I hate to break it to you, but you probably don't actually like him. You're just using him to fill a void.