A Day In The Life Of A Bank Teller

A Day In The Life Of A Bank Teller

We are here to serve you!

926
A Day In The Life Of A Bank Teller
Google

Money makes the world go round. Everyone deals with money on a daily basis. People trust financial institutions to keep and handle their money, but many people have no idea what goes into each transaction. Many people do not know the responsibility that each individual teller has, but I can tell you It is not as simple as it looks. There is a lot of work that goes into each transaction: Tellers must look up your account and verify that the customer in front of us is actually who is on the account, check that the account is in good standing, and make sure the check is OK to accept. We ask how you would like your cash back, verify that we are giving you the correct amount, and finally give you your money.

Tellers see a variety of people everyday. We have the customers that come in daily, weekly, and others that come in every once and a while. We develop relationships with these customers - we have our inside jokes with them, start conversations whenever we seem them, and have even occasionally become friends.

Tellers deal with problems on a daily basis. We get customers that come in upset about their account. We will look up your account and evaluate it to see what the issue is and we will try our best to solve the issue for you. Sometimes there is nothing we can do, and your yelling and screaming at us is not going to get anything done. Please approach us with kindness and let’s work together to solve the issue.

When you come through the drive through, please know that we can hear you yell at your children or talk on the phone. Yes, we turn off our mic so that we don’t have to listen to it. We do not want to hear your conversations. If we ask you a question, we appreciate it if you could put your phone down long enough to answer us.

Tellers cannot read your mind. If you want your cash back a certain way, tell us. If you want the check put in your savings and not your checking, you have to tell us. If you want a ten and two fives for one of your twenties, you have to tell us or else we assume that you want all twenties back.

Tellers love it when you have your transaction ticket filled out for us. If you have a question on how to fill it out, ask us! We would be more than happy to explain to you how to fill it out. It makes the transaction flow much easier.

A teller’s coworkers become family. We spend every day together, know almost everything about each other, share stories, and even go out after we get off.

Being a teller is rewarding. We get to interact with customers on a daily basis. Customer service is something we enjoy to do, and we love our customers and our coworkers. If you think being a teller is something you would like to do, apply at a local financial institution.