Life Gets Us Down But There Is A Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Head up, kid.

143

In a split second, someone's world could be turned upside down with no heads up of what is coming. People wonder why him or her? What did they do to deserve this? No one ever does anything to deserve the amount of pain they are put through. It makes others think, "that could be me."

Over the years, I have heard heartbreaking stories of people in car accidents or playing a sport they love. Young people that have a whole life ahead of them. One small bad decision could lead to the worst outcome, or no bad decision was made but fate put them in the worst place.

I have been so upset knowing that people that I love are in so much pain because their loved one has been hurt or may not be with us anymore. It makes me think: Nobody knows what is going to happen in five minutes or even thirty seconds. The future is so mysterious.

Even in the darkest moments, there is happiness. Somewhere deep down there is a light at the end of the tunnel that is soon to come. We cannot dwell on the negatives or the past that has not been perfect, but look toward the positive, better ending we know is there.

Think about the past moments that have brought so much joy to our lives, not the present that makes us sad and hopeless at times. Be appreciative of the life you have been given. Your small problems may not compare to what someone else and his or her family is going through at the moment. Take the small things, throw them away, and look at the bigger and brighter picture.

This is hard for me to do, but there are people looking for hope and praying for good news to come. I know no issue I have is nearly as serious as that. I have channeled my negative energy into thinking and praying for those that I know are hurting for something good to ease their pain.

If you need someone to think about and pray for:

Jared Antle is a sophomore at James Madison University and was hit by a car as he was trying to get into a vehicle on August 24, 2018. He is suffering from severe brain trauma and is currently at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta.

Jared's YouTube

Jared's Facebook

Jared's GoFundMe

Shay Wood is a senior at Hamden-Sydney College and was involved in a car accident on February 22, 2019, and is currently recovering from several serious injuries.

Shay on caringbridge.org

The Burgett family lost their son in 2012 as he was involved in a car accident and a day does not go by that I do not think about Ian and his family.