12 Pieces Of Advice I Need My Little Sister To Carry With Her

I hope you take this advice to heart and carry it with you as you grow up.

15007
Brooke Eveland

To my sweet little sister,

I want you to know that I am giving you this advice because I love you and know all of the potential that you have inside of you. Keep this advice in your heart, and carry it with you as you grow up.

Here are 10 things I want you to know:

1. Know your worth.

You are beautiful, unique, intelligent, and overall incredible. Don't let oanyone tell you otherwise or diminish all of the amazing qualities you have.

2. If you want something, go after it.

Whether its a spot on a team or a future job, go after your dreams. No matter how hard it may seem to achieve them, don't let others stand between you and what you want in life.

3. Being unique is a beautiful thing.

You don't need to adapt to others and what they like. Be yourself, and embrace your interests and passions.

4. You don't need to wear layers of makeup.

You're beautiful. Those freckles that go across your nose and cheeks are a work of art; don't spend hours covering them up just to impress others.

5. Keep your standards high and morals present.

Always keep your morals in the back of your mind, and remember them when you are faced with adversity. It is easy to fall to peer pressure, but stay strong; it will pay off in the end.

6. Don't let jealous people bring you down.

Sometimes people that feel insecure will try to make you feel bad about yourself only to make themselves feel better. Just try to brush it off, but if you need to vent, I am here for you.

7. Pick friends that lift you up.

If you are going to have a group of friends, try to make sure that they are people that are going to motivate you to be the best version of yourself.

8. Put your heart into everything you do.

Always put your best efforts forward and your heart into all you do. Others will recognize how dedicated and determined you truly are.

9. Smile more, frown less.

Smile when you are around others. Be upbeat, kind and light-hearted. But, if you are hurting, come home and remember that I am always here for you.

10. That boy might be cute, but is he kind?

You deserve someone who will motivate you, treat you right, and love you for who you are. Don't you ever forget what you deserve.

11. Look up once and awhile.

Nowadays, social media and electronics pretty much control our lives. Remember to pick up your head from your phone and take in the beauty around you.

12. Remember that I will always be your big sister

If you need someone to rant to, I am here. If you need an outfit for school, my closet is yours. If you need a shoulder to cry on, you can have mine. And if you need someone to remind you how much you are loved, I will tell you endlessly.

I hope you take this advice to heart and carry it with you throughout your life. You are amazing and I am so proud to call you my little sister.

I love you, Sis.