Lies Young Women Believe

Lies Young Women Believe

These lies continue to be spread… but why?

25
Lies Young Women Believe
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/07/27/636367743516670994203105002_FullSizeRender%202.jpg

Society has had a very large impact on people's self image and the way women feel about themselves. Here is just a very small list of lies women are told through the media, and the biblical truth behind it.

1. The Lie: God is really not enough.

The Truth: God is enough, If you have Him. He's all you need.

2. The Lie: God should fix all my problems.

The Truth: Life is hard. No matter what problem I am facing, God's grace is sufficient for me. God wants to use my problems as part of His sanctifying process in my life.

3. The Lie: I'm not worth anything.

The Truth: To God, my soul is worth more than the price of the WHOLE world. My value is determined by how God views me.

4. The Lie: I can't help the way I am.

The Truth: If I am a child of God, I can choose to obey God. I am responsible for my own choices. I can be changed through the power of God's spirit.

5. The Lie: I can sin and get away with it.

The Truth: The choices I make will have consequences; I will reap what I sow.

6. The Lie: My sin isn't really that bad.

The Truth: No sin is small. All sin is equal. (Romans 6:23)

7. The Lie: God can't forgive what I have done.

The Truth: There is no sin too great for God to forgive. God's grace is greater than the greatest sin anyone could ever commit.

8. The Lie: I can't control my emotions.

The Truth: I do not have to be controlled by my emotions. I can choose to fix my mind on the Truth.

9. The Lie: I can't help how I respond when my hormones are outta whack. (It's understandable at times.)

The Truth: My physical and emotional cycles are seasons under the control of the One who made me, cares for me, and has made provision for each stage of my life.

10. The Lie: I shouldn't have to suffer.

The Truth: We have been called to suffer. True joy is not the absence of pain, but the presence of the Lord Jesus in the midst of the pain.

11. The Lie: I just can't take it anymore.

The Truth: Whatever my circumstance, whatever my situation, His grace is sufficient for me.

12. The Lie: It's all about me.

The Truth: I was created for His pleasure and glory.

13. The Lie: I need to learn myself.

The Truth: By faith, I need to receive God's love for me.

14. The Lie: God's ways are to strict.

The Truth: God's ways are best. God's restrictions are always for my good.

15. The Lie: If my circumstances were different, I would be different.

The Truth: My circumstances do not make me what I am; they reveal what I am.