Liar, Liar Pants On Fire

Liar, Liar Pants On Fire

How to spot a liar.

126
Liar, Liar Pants On Fire
ZoosMatter

In life, there are many things that annoy us. Pet peeves you can call them. But, what about people? My biggest pet peeve is probably someone who lies. Someone who lies not just once or twice, but over and over again. We have a term for those people, pathological liars. Let me break it down for you just how to know that you're dealing with a pathological liar.

1. Their Lies Start Out Small

When you first meet them, they may tell a small lie here or there. They might possibly have excuses to get them out of everything that they just don't want to do. At first you won't realize that they're lying or that they have a problem. But trust me, their true colors will show through eventually, and you'll know.

2. Excuses are Being Made for Everything

At this point, the excuses just keep coming. Excuse after excuse after excuse. They may not seem like excuses, it may seem like they just have poor luck or a busy schedule. Of course they want you to believe them. Some liars are better than others and they'll come up with more believable excuses. Some of the lies may be so sad or tragic that you won't want to question the truth behind them and you'll bury the questions underneath your sympathy. But, when excuses and lies are being made and told left and right you'll finally begin to figure things out.

3. The Sympathy Leaves

Finally, you are fed up with excuse after excuse and you become numb to their 'poor me' stories. You know it's all lies anyways. You just can't put up with it anymore and it becomes a hassle to sit around and listen to the lies.

4. The Lies Turn Into a Fictional Children's Book

The excuses and lies layered on top of each other were bad enough. But, the person tells so much of it that they even start to believe themselves. This is in a bad case. Not only do you hate hearing every false statement, but the urge to call them out is so there.

5. Call Them Out

Now this step is only when the lies are so bad and so inaccurate that you need to call them out to address and end their tomfoolery. It seems like it will never end unless you act on it and their reaction probably won't be what you want them to do. In a good world they'll admit their lies and how wrong they are and apologize, but they'll most likely deny everything you call them out for. And don't let this surprise you..most pathological liars don't even realize how extreme the statements that they're making are at times.

So, at the end of the day, make sure to treat everyone equally and with moral support. Some people could just be stumbling on some nasty luck, but others could really be trying to take advantage of you. Don't let them fool you.