Liam Gallagher's "As It Was"

Liam Gallagher's "As It Was" Was Everything It Should Have Been And More

The legendary 90's front man reveals it all in his new documentary.

11

Who loves to wear parkas, always sings with his arms behind his back, and excessively uses the phrase "do you know what I mean?" The one and only Liam Gallagher.

Liam Gallagher is a legendary front-man who first emerged to the music scene in the 90s in the revolutionary rock band, Oasis.

Gallagher recently released "As It Was." From bad headlines and heartbreak to family reconnections and new albums, the documentary gives fans a look into his life over the past 10 years through a microscopic lens.

"As It Was" kicks off with an emotional start, taking fans back to the exact moment that Oasis split. Shortly after the Oasis split, a band that he has been for nearly 20 years, Gallagher went through a divorce with his wife, Nicole Appleton. Gallagher fell into a dark place. The media did not make any of it easy for Gallagher as they kept making nasty headlines and didn't give him any personal space.

Hoping to find himself again, Gallagher returned to the music scene in his new band Beady Eye. Although the new English rock band had its fair share of success, Beady Eye was not the light Gallagher was desperately seeking through his dark times. In 2014, Gallagher announced that Beady Eye has disbanded.

Unable to find true happiness after the split of Oasis and the end of his marriage, Gallagher disappeared from the public eye.

Fast-forwarding to three years later, Gallagher releases his first solo album "As You Are" in 2017, and is able to find himself again.

One of the most admirable factors of "As It Was," is the portrayal of Gallagher. It shows a side of him that the have tabloids failed to acknowledge.

The film included the emotional moments of Gallagher's tribute performances for the Manchester Arena bombing victims. Gallagher lit a candle on his stage for each victim of the shooting and despite the fact that he had a concert in Germany earlier, he took a flight out on his private jet to make sure he was in attendance of the One Love Manchester benefit concert.

Gallagher's soft side was shown in his interactions with his family and his fans. Gallagher seemingly has a lot of love in his heart for his family, especially his mother, his wife, and his children.

Gallagher also has a soft spot for fans. Before his performance at a gig, Gallagher met a group of young fans and when he learned that they didn't have tickets to his show, he wrote down their names so they can see him perform.

Overall, "As It Was" is a raw film that makes you grow a deeper appreciation for Gallagher. You grow a deeper appreciation for his strength, his craft, his talent and who he is as a person.

One certainly does not have to be a die-hard Oasis fan to enjoy this film. It is a film that is enjoyable for all, even those who have never heard of Liam Gallagher before.

You can purchase a copy of "As It Was" in the link here.