How To Heal From Your Past

How To Heal From Your Past

And the importance of letting go

21
How To Heal From Your Past
Tumblr

As we are living our day to day life, our past can unconsciously and consciously affect us in our present moment without us even realizing how much of a hold our past actually has on us. When we are trying to manifest a positive future, past dealings can block our blessings. We all have a past, and sometimes we harbor onto it without realizing the hold it is actually creating for our lives.

The past is the past and doesn't serve you ever, as many times as we might have heard that, it's easier said than done. When it's our actual past, we forget to live by that powerful mantra. No matter how much you hold onto resentments, hurts, or even the seemingly good things of the past, it's never going to help serve your present life to the highest good. I'm not saying you should forget your past, what I'm saying is that it shouldn't be a constant obsession within your mind or have a hold on your future. Your past is a learning lesson. What you dealt with in your past happened for a reason, which was to help you grow and learn to prepare you for what is coming next. If you keep grasping onto the past with dear life, it's going to keep hurting you until you release it, which can only be done by acception. Accept your past. I myself, like many others, have been "hurt" in my past dealing, but the best way to see past the hurt that occurred is to delve deep into it and understand, rather than wonder why what happened. You may not be able to understand it completely, but just accepting whatever the situation might have been for what it is and what it has taught you is what is needed in order to grow in life and move onto your next lesson.

My favorite way to let go of past negative energy is to release it and channel my energy into something I love. As a Scorpio I'm a pretty obsessive over thinker with just about everything in life, especially when it comes to holding onto resentments. Which by the way doesn't benefit anyone in the long run especially not yourself... The more resentments you have for others actually brings the energy right back to you! But the best way I found to help me release my past is writing. Sometimes I just write whatever is on my mind, then rip it up to just help me ease my mind, but the best outlet I found when I'm really having trouble letting things go is writing a letter to myself from my past self explaining what is to come and advice on how I should deal with it. It's like writing as a best friend to yourself. It actually helps you take your identity with your past away and look at the situation in a more loving light to actually understand. It's a great easy way to release the past's hold and it's affect on you and your every day life. You might understand things about the situation you never did. And there's no wrong way to do it

Here's an expert of a pretty long letter I wrote to myself at one point in my life:

Dear Leigha,

This year is going to begin much differently than you've ever expected, but it’s not a bad thing. Doors closed so better ones are able to open. Remember that one time you thought you’d never move on from xxx? & then you did with xxxx? Well, you’re going to be able to move on from this situation as well, you just need to be patient. Let life run its course, you won't be lonely forever and you won’t care forever either... but for now, embrace it as much as you can. Focus on your own self to improve yourself for the best. There's no betterrevenge than becoming a better you. Focus on your vibe, because your vibe attracts your tribe. In other words, be who and what you're trying to attract. Be your own best friend first, be kind to yourself and those around you. Just think about the times when something bad happened and later something amazing happened that couldn't have happened without the past. Somethings that seem horrible can actually be a blessing in disguise. Trust yourself, your journey and trust the universe to always work in your favor. Life is never as bad as it seems only as bad as you make it.

Always, Leigha

Hope this helps you as much as it helps me

Xoxo