Looking for love in my life

Stop Looking For Love Through Dating Apps And Let It Come To You

Let love find you, enjoy your life

237
https://unsplash.com/photos/eHo7K3Ifllg

Love in movies is always portrayed as the best thing ever, that someone will randomly come to sweep you off your feet and you will fall deeply in love and live happily ever after. Unfortunately, that's now quite how it works.

In today's society, we are overwhelmed by social media, dating apps and basically the internet as a whole. I think far too often people feel pressured into using those apps to meet someone. That someone potentially being the person they hope to fall in love with and live that happily ever after life with.

Don't get me wrong, I do think if you use those apps the right way and not just for hookups you can find a guy or girl that would fit well with you. But all that swiping and scrolling starts to burn you out. Some of those conversations with people being pointless and some being really great. But in the end, I don't always think those dating apps lead to what people actually want in life.

For myself, I want to find a wonderful man sooner rather than later to settle down with and start a family. I'm 23 so I'm not getting any younger (just older), I'm ready to meet that person. Now I know, that plan is not for everyone and I understand. People are young and want to travel and live their dreams before meeting that person.

In my opinion, I think when people stop looking for love it just happens. When they finally put their phone down, clear it of all those dating apps and just let life take over that's when they meet that special person. The more you look, the more stressed you'll make yourself when things don't work out. Let go for a second, and let things happen organically. Which I know, is easier said than done.

I'm a firm believer in the best things in life are usually the things that are unexpected and happen spontaneously without things being planned. When my sister met her now husband, it was out of the blue that their paths crossed. They went to the same high school together, lived down the street from each other, but never ran in the same group. One day he posted something on facebook which she commented on and led them to have their first date.

Yes, I know social media was involved with how they met but it was still unexpected. That one date led to many others for them and now they have been happily married for a year and a half now and have a son. My sister was someone who was going on dates and using dating websites to try and meet someone until finally, she decided to stop using them and not much longer after she met her husband.

I'm not saying that's how it happens for everyone, but maybe take some time to get off those dating apps and try and live your life without them and see what happens. You never know who you could meet!