Letting it All Go

Letting it All Go

keeping what's important and getting rid of the rest

290
Letting it All Go
google

We wait, and we hope, and we may even pray at times for things to change. We wish for things to work out. We use every piece of our imagination to conjure the idea that it isn’t over. It can’t be over. Every important moment, or event, or person in our lives is hard to let go. How do we leave them behind? How do we let problems go? How do we let those we’ve cared about go?

In the past, I held onto so much; every person, every argument, anything you can imagine I have hung onto. Lately, however; I have been letting everything go. And it seemed hard at first, but it makes life so much easier, so much more enjoyable. I’m no longer worrying about pointless things and people who can’t make time for me.

One of my very good friends has trouble letting go. She refuses to let people leave, and while I agree that you should fight for those you care about, once you start to look desperate and like you’re begging for attention from them it is time to let them go. If these people wanted to be in your life they would be. They would have made an obvious effort to see you, to speak with you, and to feel connected with you.

When you realize how people should be treating you versus how they do treat you the world turns. My whole life shifted. I no longer felt obligated to reach out to people. I know who my friends are and the way in which I deserve to be treated so I have no trouble letting people go.

I know what you’

re thinking: this girl must hold onto everything that anyone has ever done to her. But, to your dismay, I am not the queen of grudge-holding. Because to be frank, holding a grudge and being angry at someone or a certain situation is a waste of energy; valuable energy that you could be putting into your career or school or whatever it may be. Most things that upset us happen in an instant and they cannot be taken back. They are simple and finite. Why waste more than an instant being upset about them?

Lately, I’ve gone at every situation with the “choose your battles” attitude. What is really worth fighting for? Minor hiccups in life don’t require a three-day argument or a mental tailspin. Simply look in the mirror and tell yourself, “It’s over. I can’t change it. I won’t let it happen again, but I’m moving on.” Then proceed to go about your day as if nothing happened. I think an important part of letting go of things is to realize that you had no control over the event, or maybe you did. Either way, it cannot be changed so shake it off and walk away like you have somewhere to be because I guarantee no one around you is worrying about it. previously thought and I wouldn’t have any other slightly off my rocker way of going about it.

Whatever it is, just let it go. I promise in ten years maybe even in ten minutes it won’t matter. Don’t waste your breath on it. Roll with what life throws at you. You might have to duck a few times and block a few kicks, but don’t be thrown down by something that doesn’t matter.