A Reminder To My Little Brother

A Reminder To My Little Brother, You Are One Of My Largest Blessings

My baby brother deserves the world and more.

663
Olivia Romano

My not so little brother Nicholas, is one of my life's greatest blessings. He is childish, yet mature for his age, the one I protect but also the one who protects me. If you would have told me 5 years ago that I would feel this way, I am not so sure I would have believed you.

Siblings whether you like it or not, are tied to you for life. They are the people who understand you best, know you forwards and backwards, and simply know what you go through on a daily basis.

Nicholas and I, while younger had the classic older sister younger brother relationship. Kicking and screaming at one another over the silliest of things, and very rarely giving the other as little as a hug. Fighting like cats and dogs. But regardless of all this we were always protective of each other.

I would say our relationship shifted for the better, when times got the hardest in our house. We relied on one another. Comforted and supported one another. It was different and in the best way possible. Thankful for these hard times. Simply because without it, I wouldn't be as close to Nicky.

I believe in my brother. I see the best in him always, even when others at times doubt him. I know that right now as a teenage boy, these times are confusing. You're confused about where you fit in this life. And I want you to know that wherever you end up, I am by your side.

High school is complicated and so is navigating who you are. But do not ever worry Nicky, because I am here to remind you when you forget just how special you are. Here are some reasons why!

Reason one; because whenever you see someone hurting you immediately warm them with one of the tightest yet softest hugs. Overwhelming people with this sense of comfort and support. You may not offer motivational words, but you are there with quiet strength for those you love.

Reason two; that goofy smile paired with the deepest of dimples can light up just about any room and heart. You have a charisma about you bud, one that many people are drawn to. This is something that will carry you through life.

Reason three; even though you like to pretend you do not care about most things, all you want is to be accepted and seen. Just like the rest of the world. You are relatable, you work hard, you fiercely protect and care for your friends and family. You do not even realize it but you have the tools to influence so many other people. Do not be scared to unlock the potential of your greatness.

Reason four; you are so bright. Some people truthfully just do not fit the mold of educational systems. That is okay that you are one of them, and just because you cannot conform to this doesn't diminish the fact that your brain is larger than life. No other 15 year old I know, becomes interested in conversation of bitcoin let alone has productive thoughts on the matter. You're going to be successful in your own ways, despite what your report card says.

These reasons barely scratch the surface as to why I believe in you. Sometimes, as humans we need to be reminded that we are doing great. That regardless of how messy our worlds seem not, one day they will make sense. And we will discover our greater purpose.

Like I said, Nicholas' potential is endless. I truthfully believe that. Because that is what a sibling does. They believe in one another, when it seems like the rest of the world doesn't. Nicky may be younger than me, but I learn so much from him. And as I play the role of the older sister, I also discover things about myself too.

I do not think Nicholas understands truthfully how special he is. How much he warms our hearts and home. He was the best addition to our family and he is one of the largest blessings in my life personally as well. I am so thankful.

This is a corny tribute, however one that is so necessary. Simply because I cannot help but gush about my baby brother. I love you to the moon and back Nicky, keep the goofy smile on your face, continue to love hard, and continue to expand that brilliant mind of yours.

I'll continue to protect and love you for as long as I live. Show the world just how special you are. Again, I believe in you!