Letter To You

Letter To You

A letter to the women who I owe everything too.

37
Letter To You

As I've gotten older, I've realized that I spent minimal time with my family especially now. Since I decided to go to a school 8 hours away from home, I've begun to forget about the person who pushed me to be where I am and to become the person I am today. Mom, this one's for you.

Dear mom,

I want to start out by telling you how sorry I am. I'm sorry for all the times I've let you down, all the times I've picked a fight with you, and for the times I've chosen being with my friends over you. Sometimes I forget about everything that's important to me and put them to the side. You truly mean so much to me and I don't show that enough when I leave you doing the dishes to go out with friends. I never meant to fight with you over the little things because I know you have always wanted what's best for me. You deserve a daughter who pays more attention to you and all the things that you do. I want to be that daughter, I hope by the time I graduate I can be that person. I want to be the one who doesn't pick fights over the small things, the daughter who shows you how much she loves you, and the daughter who is always staying in touch. I'm sorry for not being able to express myself to you with these words all the time.

Next, I want you to know that I love you. I know we only talk about once a week and I don't say it as much but, it's important for you to know that I do. You've gone above and beyond to make sure I'm happy, putting your needs after mine. You're my inspiration and I've looked up to you since I was little. You're the most important woman in my life and you always will be. I know life is hard and raising four children certainly doesn't make it any easier on you. You've sacrificed so much just for me, and I will never be able to put into words how grateful I am. You're the strongest, most loving and caring woman I've ever met. I'm so grateful to have grown up with a hero like you, I love you so much.

To end it all, It's important for me to say thank you, I don't tell you this nearly enough but you need to know that I'm thankful for everything. These two words don't really mean much, especially when you compare it to everything that you've done for me. Thank you for always allowing me to cry on your shoulder. Thank you for all the countless hugs. Thank you for working crazy hours just to be able to provide for us. Thank you for all the laughs, smiles, and life lessons. Thank you for loving me unconditionally even when I'm difficult to deal with. Thank you for showing me that I'll always have you by my side, flaws and all. Thank you for teaching me that it's okay to cry, to be who I am and that it's okay to make mistakes. I know I'm not perfect, well nobody is, but you've taught me to love myself no matter what. Thank you for always being by my side and getting me through the hard times.

I love you to death mom, you're the one person who I know I can talk to when I'm having a good or bad day. You're the person I look up to the most and hope to be like you when I'm older. Thank you for teaching me so much in the 19 years I've been alive. Thank you for being everything to me and for being by my side no matter what. I love you.