A Letter to the Teachers Who Changed My Life

Without your constant support, I wouldn't be where I am today. Thank you for all that you have done for me.
866

Dear Teacher(s) who changed my life:

I can’t begin to express my gratitude towards you. You gave me the world in just a few short years in high school. You helped to shape me into the person I am today and for that, I am forever grateful. I hope you realize how often you are impacting others around you and how much you mean to me and the other students you teach. With your dedication and commitment to your students the world is a much better place.

I want to thank you for being a great listener. Having someone on my side for different situations was incredibly helpful throughout these last few years. You might not have realized it then, but this was where you were most helpful. As you probably learned fairly quickly, I am constantly talking. Sometimes I just needed someone to be there to answer all of my pointless questions or to listen to me complain about annoying situations.

As much as you taught me in the classroom, I learned just as much if not more, outside because of you. You taught me how to be strong and smart. You gave so much insight to the world I would soon be entering as an adult, and without you I would not be prepared for the next four years of college.

Thank you for all of the opportunities I was given, without you I can guarantee I wouldn’t be where I am today. Because of these opportunities, I was able to find my passions, explore new places and meet so many people with similar goals. I got to discover amazing cities and I met some of my best friends in your classrooms.

Most importantly, thank you for believing in me. Thank you for watching me grow as a person, student and friend. Thank you for just being there when all I needed someone to talk to. Thank you for being a positive inspiration these last few years. You made my high school experience the best it could have ever been.

I will never forget the memories we made, and why yes that might sound weird to others, some of my best memories in high school were with you. I will never forget all the laughs and maybe a few cries we have shared. I will never forget the long talks we have had and the advice you have passed down to me. I really did become a better person by being in your classroom. Even if I only had you as a teacher for a short time, you made the biggest impact.

You were more than just a teacher, you were an inspiration to everyone around you. I can’t thank you enough for all that you have done for me and I can’t wait to see who else you inspire.