A Letter To The Strongest Person I Know...

God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers.

129
Stacey Malone

There are some things that I look forward to in life...like building a foundation for my new home, finding the love of my life and having grateful children, and being able to teach when I feel as if it is my passion. BUT, for right now, I look forward to seeing my friends smile when times are tough, seeing people who are hurting now be whole again in the future, and hearing that miracles happen.

As many of you know, I love writing. I love it to the point where I get truly excited about what I am writing next, but this week I have written and rewritten words until I hit the backspace and delete it all...because that's how hard it is.

Tyler...this one is for you.

We all have that one person in life that when we hear the word 'strong', we think of them. Whether it is your best friend, momma, daddy, brother, sister, grandma, or someone else in your friends and family list...we think of them. Mine so happens to be you, Tyler.

So here is to the strongest person I know...

We are here for you.

We have been friends since we were little, whether it was playing t-ball, going to school together, chasing each other on the playground, and many more...we have been through a lot. Lately, you have brought all of your friends so much closer and even though it took a bad thing to make this happen, we are grateful. Whether it is being nine hours, three hours, or a waiting room away...we will not stop being there for you. We cannot wait to hear you talk crap on Facebook to the boys about who missed what deer this season or who's truck is better. We cannot wait to be able to fully hold a conversation with you about how college is going or just to talk about random things because the little things mean the most. No matter how far, how much work load or college stuff we have to get done, or what we have on our plate...100% of the time our thoughts are about you.

We believe in miracles.

All of us back home have probably prayed more in the past three weeks than we have in three months or even three years and for that I am thankful. I am thankful that our faith has became stronger and that we believe in miracles. Believing in miracles will get you extremely far...last year at this time, I fully started believing in miracles. When days get tough and we all think of something to say, I always think of the quote "We live on a blue planet that circles around a ball of fire next to a moon that moves the sea, and you don't believe in miracles?" We cannot wait until God provides us with your miracle, but as for now we will all be praying until that happens!

A hashtag has changed our lives.

Every time I log onto social media, I either see something about you or Colton. No one ever knows what something feels like until it happens to them and this is not how we wanted it but we can not turn back time even if we wish we could. There have been hashtags for others like Heather-Anne, Gianluca, Dai-Dai, Jamond, Colton, and now you. It describes you to a tee. We never know that one simple reminder could make us think of happy and sad thoughts, but seeing #WilkinsStrong makes me thankful to know how strong you are as person.

Keep fighting.

Ty, you are so beyond worthy and strong. You deserve the absolute best and I cannot wait for that to happen to you. You deserve the world and we all cannot wait for you to keep exploring it. Me and dad cannot wait for next summer of fishing at the Taylor's and see you at the top of the field, throw your hand up, and keep riding your four wheeler...so keep pushing. There are many days where I question myself on why bad things happen to good people, but God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers. God put you in our lives, whether it is by blood or by the wonderful bond of friendship, but we want you to know that you are the epitome of strength.

Strength- "the quality or state of being strong, in particular"

Above is the definition of strength, but Tyler you are more than the definition that is in the dictionary. Keep pulling through while we are waiting for a miracle to happen.