A Letter To The Person Who Broke My Heart

I will never understand what I did to deserve the worst pain a person could ever endure.

9961
Haley Williamson

To the person who broke my heart,

To be honest, you don't even deserve this letter. I shouldn't even be thinking about you. You don't deserve to have any spot left in my heart. But, I have so many thoughts bottled up, I wanted to let you know how I felt, and how I feel now.

I don't know what I did to deserve the hurt you placed upon me. I gave you nothing but love, loyalty and respect. I never did anything that could possibly ever hurt you. I loved you, and I was there for you when you needed me. The feelings that you supposedly had for me were nothing more than a joke. I've been hurt plenty of times before, but it hurt worse coming from someone that promised that they were different.

I have so many things I want to ask you. Why me? Why did you break my heart? Why couldn't you just let me go from the start? But, I guess I will never get answers considering you act like I'm the one that hurt you and since we're not friends on any social media anymore.

If your feelings were real, then what changed? Did I care too much? Did I love too hard? Because those are the only things that I can possibly think that may have pushed you away. Why did I get "good morning" texts for so many days straight, and then one day not even a response?

I can't even lie, I view your page often, even though we aren't friends. I check to make sure you're ok, and that you're doing good. I often look through your pictures and catch myself smiling, thinking about the silly pictures we would send each other on Snapchat. But the more I scroll, the more I begin to realize how much you disrespected me, and didn't even care for me. I begin to think about every lie you ever told me.

I see you have a new person in your life now. I hope that you never take them for granted. I hope you keep all the promises that you're going to make. I hope that you treat them right, love them and never lie to them. I hope that you do everything for them that you couldn't seem to make possible with me. I hope and pray that you never hurt them like you did me. I hope that they never lay in their bed at night crying, wondering what they did wrong.

Regardless of how much you hurt me, I have no room for hate in my life. I can only take negative situations and learn valuable lessons from them.

Thank you for showing me that I deserve the world and nothing less. Thanks for showing me that I should never settle. Most importantly, thank you for not carrying on with the joke of making me think that you actually gave a crap about me.

I know that we will most likely cross paths again one day. I honestly cannot wait for that day, because I know between now and then, the glow up will be real!

Sincerely,

The person you owe