A Letter To The Girl Who Lost Her Self Worth

You ARE more than enough.

199
Alyssia Vieyra

To the lost girl reading this, this one is for you.

Going through life, this may be the toughest battle you end up fighting. Loving the skin you're in and embracing it to the fullest. The majority of us have that one thing about ourselves that we just can't find the slightest beauty in. I am definitely guilty on that one. No matter where we run to, we will forever have flaws. It's time to consider those imperfections as perfections. Those cuts on your wrist and those tear drops rolling down your face are what make up the most beauty in you. They are scars proving how much of a strong warrior you are.

For me, this article hits deep. I have struggled with self love ever since my early high school years. My best friend was the one who always got the attention and it was like I was just her shadow in the background. I always felt like second place compared to her. Then my self esteem got even worse when I got into my first real relationship. Getting cheated and then getting left for another woman made me hit my all time low. I just never felt good enough. It was a cycle I felt I kept being put into. Or rather putting myself into.

Inspired from my biggest role model, Demi Lovato, I started the new year off with a mantra to hold onto. That very thing is what I got permanently engraved on my body. " I am enough." The simplest tattoo with a meaning as deep as the ocean. Being in my darkest hour, I had to pull myself out into the light. I held onto this little saying and worked on it every single day and I still continue to. I would get up in the mornings and look in the mirror at myself in my rawest moment. I would read the post it notes scribbled with inspiration quotes that I would put up that night before. They became like wall décor in my bathroom surrounding my mirror. Getting into this routine every morning and every night had me starting to believe in myself. It's the little things that got me on track to a amazing journey of self discovery and self love. It was then that I was falling in love with myself..

There will be many times in your life where you will feel like giving your all is just never enough. Those are the moments that you need to dig deep inside yourself and light that fire. Understand that you are more than enough. There is only one "you" and that is the power that you hold. What makes you unique are the scars you hold and the stories behind them. Some of our scars are visible and others are unseen. So look at those as proof that you are a survivor in the battles you were given. You may not be able to change certain things about yourself but you are able to change your mindset and how you look at them. The mind is a very powerful thing and only you can control that. Positivity is a very contagious thing. So go on and spread it like glitter.

After reading this, go look in the mirror. Look at the beautiful soul you are and be proud. We will always be our worst critic and yet at the same time our biggest cheerleader. No matter what you are going through, trust in yourself and your amazing abilities. You are stronger then you give yourself credit for. Like Alessia Cara said, "The beauty you hold is deeper than your eyes can find." The worse thing you can do is compare yourself to someone else. Who says that looking beautiful and being enough comes in just one form? Once you learn to fall in love with yourself, you will feel so invincible. It maybe one of the hardest things you may go through but trust me when I tell you that it's worth it. Just remember that you are enough just the way you are. You don't have to change a thing about you because there is beauty in all of you.

Listen to these two amazing songs that will uplift you when you're struggling. They helped me pull through, hopefully they will do the same for you. Alessia Cara- Scars to Your Beautiful and Colbie Calliat- Try

So lost girl, I hope after reading this you are not so lost after all. I hope that you will one day see through your own eyes that the measure of your worth is not determined by anyone else but yourself. Put that crown on your head and wear it proudly. The most empowering thing you will ever feel is loving yourself for exactly who you are. I believe in you, now it's your turn to believe in yourself that you are enough.