An Open Letter To the Person That's Struggling To Hold On
Wellbeing

A Letter To The Person That's Struggling To Hold On

It gets better, I promise.

660
https://pixabay.com/photos/summerfield-woman-girl-sunset-336672/

I know how it feels to deal with the constant feeling that it will never get better. I know how it feels to feel like the world is against you and nothing goes right. Trust me, I know how shitty it can get sometimes.

I know how it feels to get to a point where you basically feel numb to every emotion and you just want it to end. There are really no words to describe how depression feels. It sucks and it feels like nothing will make it stop sometimes.

The truth is, no matter who you are, life has ups and downs. Life is filled with bad things, but it's also filled with so many more good things. I know that it's hard to look at the good in life when all you feel are negative emotions, but what helps me get through even the roughest of days is knowing that there are still so many good memories to be made.

You may feel stuck at this moment, or maybe you feel alone, but those feelings are only temporary. There is a quote I found on Instagram in high school that I loved. I couldn't find the exact quote because it was years ago when I found it, but it has always stuck with me.

It goes something like this: "You know how, in the winter, you feel like it will never be warm again, and when you're sad, you feel like you will never be happy again? It will be warm again and you will be happy again."

You have to remember that life is a roller coaster of emotions. It's filled with good times and bad times. Just like the good emotions go away, bad emotions go away. No one is ever happy all the time.

Everyone struggles. You're not alone.

Talking to someone or putting my feelings into something creative have always helped me. If you're having a rough couple of days, remember it's just a couple rough days. It's okay to have bad days, but know that there are good days ahead. Don't make a permanent decision for a temporary feeling.

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Call: 1-800-273-8255.

Or text "Home" to the Crisis Hotline: 741741.