A Letter To My Wonderful Family

A Letter To My Wonderful Family

"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."
116

Dear Family,

I do not think that you guys realize how much I appreciate you every single day. Ever since I was younger, every one of you has taught me different things.

Mom, you have taught me to never give up on my dreams and to always prove myself even if I feel like I cannot. You have shown me what it means to truly love someone. You've taught me to always be myself and to never let anyone get me down, for I am the only one in charge of my own feelings. No matter what I have gone through or done, you have always been by my side...from the first time that I told you guys that I was depressed, to wanting to join a sorority and from going through college. I honestly do not know where I would be if it were not for your constant light in my life. You are literally my best friend and I cannot thank you enough for teaching me to love constantly, reminding me to be nice and teaching me to care for those around me. I love you so much and do not know where I would be without you!

Dad, you taught me that even though I am "just a girl," that I can do just as much as my brothers can or other boys. You have never given up on me, even when I had my lowest of low days and wanted to end it all. You have also been an amazing light in my life. You taught me at a young age what it means to laugh and how to know when someone is not treating me right.

Brothers, I am so proud to be able to call you guys my brothers. You guys taught me to not give a crap about what others think of me. I cannot thank you enough for being the best older siblings that a girl can have, especially with our age differences. I appreciate everything that you guys have done for me and for gifting me the most wonderful nieces ever.

Grandma and Grandpa, I know that we have our differences, but I can always count on you when I need advice. Since you guys don't live so close anymore, it was amazing getting to see you during summer break. You guys taught me that no matter the distance, you will always be there. I miss you both so much!

From my first heartbreak, to the day that I developed depression and severe anxiety, you all have been there for me every single day. No matter the time of day, I know that you will all continue to be there for me. I cannot thank you enough for always reminding me to do what's best for me and always keeping a smile on my face. Thank you all for always wiping away my tears, being shoulders for me to cry on and everything in between. Life is short and filled with the most unimaginable things, but with a family like you, it is no wonder why I turned out the way that I did and can handle anything life throws at me. I miss you all terribly, but I know that I can always count on y'all whenever I need you. I love you all to the moon and back.

With all my love,

Cheyenne