A Letter To My Sister As She Graduates High School

You have such a bright future.

1687
Emily Kratzer

To my stunning younger sister,

You have such a bright future.

As I've watched you grow up, I've always admired you. You are so intelligent; it constantly amazes me. You have an amazing group of friends that I've always wished to have. You have grown into a very beautiful young woman, and I'm so proud of you.

As one chapter of your life closes, an even better one will begin. I'm so excited for you to start college because I know that it has been the best experience I've ever had. There is so much out there in the world for you to explore and I know you're going to do amazing things.

There are some pieces of advice I want to offer you:

Make the most of this summer. You have amazing friends, so indulge in all the potential memories with them this summer before you all head your separate ways,

Don't forget to spend time with family too! Believe it or not, you'll miss being home once you move away. I like to say my relationship with mom and dad blossomed when I left for college, and chances are, yours will too.

Save some money. Being away at college is expensive! Yes you have a meal plan and you'll be living on campus, but between groceries and going out to eat, etc. life is expensive. So save up while you're working - even though I know it's hard.

When you get to college, get involved, but not too involved. It's so hard to do everything and stay on top of your studies. Go for the things you're super passionate about and ease in slowly. College is full of big changes and there is no rush to voluntarily add more to your plate.

You may be sad now, but this is only the beginning. Right now this may feel like the end of something great and it very well may be, but nothing compares to leaving your college friends and your university for summer. You are about to step into the best journey God has to offer at this time and I cannot wait to hear all about it.

Finally, you're my little sister and I'll always be one call or text away. We've never been super close, but I like to think that as we get older, that will change up a bit. I'm always going to be there as a shoulder to cry on. I'll always have room for you if you need a place to escape. Most importantly, I'll always be around to be your sister when you need me; for all the highs and lows and everything in between.

From your sister who couldn't be more proud of everything you are.