A Letter To My Mom For Mother's Day

A Letter To My Mom For Mother's Day

Thank you for everything.

37
A Letter To My Mom For Mother's Day
Kelly Gresh

Dear Mom,

Thank you doesn’t even begin to suffice for all that you have done for me over the years. You have been a best friend, confidant, mentor and most importantly, mother. Your sense of humor and bright smile never fail to cheer me up when I am having a rough day. No matter the issue, you always have wise words of advice for me that help me figure out what to do in every type of situation. Needless to say, without you, I would be lost.

Even though you are known as “the crazy running lady” around the neighborhood, I am forever thankful you introduced me to the world of running when I was young as well as the importance of living a healthy lifestyle. I look back and laugh when I think of all the times you dragged Erin and I to Whole Foods when we were little because I absolutely despised going there. Now, it’s become an obsession, and I go there nearly every week. I smile when I think of the countless times we did “Elmocize” together, when you would always take Erin and I to Kid’s Castle and our innumerable trips to the King of Prussia mall.

Thank you for teaching me the meaning of class and for being a constant example of how to treat others. While I know you don’t approve of my “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” obsession, just know I always keep in mind the values and morals you instilled in me when I was young. Thank you for being a “cool mom” and jamming out to Kanye in the car with me. Thank you for tolerating the rap station on the radio, even though we both know that is the last thing you’d like to be doing. And most importantly, thank you for teaching me how to be strong, keep my head up and never lose faith in God, even in the hardest of times. I am so lucky and blessed to be able to call you my mother.

On this Mother’s Day, I want you to know just how important you are, and always have been, to me. You are the person I always look up to. Your advice, words of wisdom and all the values and morals you’ve taught me have shaped the person I am today. For that, I am forever grateful.

Love Always,

Kelly