A Letter To My Kidnapped Heart

A Letter To My Kidnapped Heart

You will be saved, I promise.

8
Tumblr

Dear Heart,

First of all, I'm sorry. Sorry for everything I put you through because of that one guy. That one guy who has taken you away from me. That one guy who is now playing with you instead of you being with me and holding me together. That one guy has you now and he will never give you back because I still love him and he won't let you go until I stop loving him. I want you back, I need you back, because of another guy that wants you. I trust this guy, I need this guy, but the other guy knows I'm not over him and he wont give you back. He keeps crushing you, and hurting you, with no way for you to escape.

I try to get you back as much as possible, I try to text and call him to give you back, and nothing works! I can never get him off my mind and I'm sorry for that. Every time I try and call him he either ignores me, or says I can't have you back, but in the end we both know he still has you. I am crying every night with an empty hole where you should be, thinking about where I went wrong with giving you to him. Before we were fine, we were great, and I trusted him which is why I had to give you away. I was stupid and foolish in believing his lies for him just to get his hands on you. I still love him and I'm sorry my dear heart, but I will always love him, because he is on my mind 24/7.

I think about you all the time and you are on my mind just like he is as well. I know I need to do my hardest to get you back in me, and I will get you back in time. Love takes a while to heal, and I know you know that as well. We have been through a lot together, and once I get you back I promise I will take better care of you.

~Rebecca Kay Stefano

I wish I hadn’t put you through all that confusion. You were twisted and hurting this past year. You didn’t need to be. I tried to piece you back together and you kept coming apart. Then things changed. He took you in his hands and was very careful. We both laughed and joked together. He became playful around me. I suddenly felt as if nothing had hurt me before, the pain was nearly forgotten; but I know you had gone through a lot so I didn’t let myself forget completely. Since then I have been cautious with whom I allow you to be given to. I unfortunately love fast and I love hard. That is dangerous for you, I know. You have had to endure so much. I feel completely responsible and wish I could get you back as you were before this year: whole, complete, undamaged. But I believe you had to go through what you did to become stronger. I know now that you can handle anything.

I love you, Heart. I’m sorry for all the confusion and heartbreak you had to go through to get where you are now. It was all to teach both of us a lesson. A lesson neither of us will soon forget. The fact that it worked out in the end is the important part. But I won’t allow myself to reach that near breaking point again, I promise.

~Hayley Jarrett