A Letter To My Inspiration

A Letter To My Inspiration

This is a letter written to the woman who helped form me into the person I am today.

823
A Letter To My Inspiration
Jazmin Decker

We all have that special person in our lives who we can go to for almost anything. The one who will support you no matter what decision you make. The one who will pick you up when you're feeling down. For me, this person is the one who inspired me to be who I am today. This is a letter to her, letting her know how much she has influenced my life and how much love and appreciation I have towards her. I am writing this in hopes to inspire you to thank that special person in your life as well. The one who has been, and always will be, your role model or your inspiration.

To my dear sister of Christ,

The first real memory I have of you is when you were leading worship one Christmas Eve at Mountain Lake Church and you started singing "Winter Snow" by Chris Tomlin and Audrey Assad. Your voice was so angelic and the amount of passion that poured out of you while you were worshipping was sensational. I had never seen anyone in all my years of attending church services show that much passion towards worshipping their one true Father and all I could think is that I wanted to someday be up there on that stage worshipping right beside you. After the service, I gathered up all the courage I had in me in order to go and speak to you. I knew you were a regular person just like me who had a passion for singing, but for some reason I was starstruck and was incredibly excited to have the privilege to discuss music with you.

As time went on, I got to know you and you became one of my best friends. You inspired me to audition for the worship team and a month later I was accepted into one of the greatest teams to ever affect my life. Because of your help and your dedication to break me out of my comfort zone, I was able to become more confident onstage which made me more confident in life as well. Not only did you help me with the worship team, but you helped my relationship with Christ as well. You put God and your family first before anything else and you’re always willing to go down the path that God takes you. You are patient, kind, and willing to make time to pray for anyone who is in need of a prayer. That is what always confused me the most! I could never wrap my head around the fact that you were always willing to drop everything you were doing in order to help those in need.

You are an incredible woman, both inside and out. We are able to talk about everything–from God and our religion to the troubles and successes throughout our daily lives. I cherish the conversations we have and I hope there are many more to come. You inspire me as a person and you teach me many things that I am so grateful for.

Thank you for being my inspiration and my role model. I hope that one day I can be half the woman that you are, and I will always cherish having you in my life. Thank you for always being there for me through every up and down over the past eight years. You have helped form me into the woman that I am today and I am so thankful for the friendship that we have been blessed with. I love you with all my heart and always will. Thank you for everything.

With love,

Jazmin