A Letter to my Future Self in 10 Years

A Letter to my Future Self in 10 Years

Dear older me,

265
A Letter to my Future Self in 10 Years

Hey girl, how are you? I may be writing this as a tired, worn out, and procrastinating young 19 year old girl. I should be studying for History discussion tomorrow but that can wait. In 10 years you'll be 29 and reading this (I hope ha). Right now that seems so scary and far away, but I bet it's not too shabby of an age. I bet you're still rockin' chacos, frat shirts and nike shorts (i promised myself I'd be wearing them until I'm 30 lol). I know you're stressed out right now, but I pray that you get many massages and spa days in the future.

I hope you're loving being an adult now. You used to always wish you were grown up and dream about your life after college. I hope you're loving your job and everyone you work with, no matter if you went to grad school, law school, or neither after undergrad. No matter the choices you've made and done, I'll know they'll be the right ones and always be proud of myself. I hope you're married and at least thinking about kids if you haven't had one yet, but if you aren't that's fine, but you gotta adopt soon if you aren't near marriage soon lol. But if you do have a man in yo' life (go you ha), I pray that he is someone that dad would have loved and approved of.

I hope that you moved up north after college -- something you always wanted to do and dreamed of. But if you're back in LR, that's totally fine and understandable. I pray and hope that you still text Laur and mom multiple times a day in the group text. I hope that Lauren is still the prettiest sister out there and that she finished grad school, has her dream job and is married with kids. I pray mom is living her life for her and not anyone else. She is loved lots and I hope she knows that. I pray no matter where we all end up or live, that our whole family will always be very close.

I pray that you are still deep in your faith and trust God with everything. I know times can and will be hard but I pray that you never give up on him. You've been through a lot in life and I pray you still go to Him for guidance and help.

I hope your dreams of living in Connecticut, driving a Range Rover and working in New York come true. I hope you own your own PR company, or work at The Today Show. I hope you're reading this and when you do, I hope you remember that this is YOUR life, but that God has a plan for all of it. You have a plan too, but God's is SO much bigger and better then yours will ever be. I hope that the pieces come together in why some things that happened in life didn't go according to "your plan". I hope that "It is Well" is still one of your favorite songs. I pray that you still read the bible everyday and have time with The Lord.

I pray you never missed out on anything. That you studied abroad and that you will cherish those memories forever. That you traveled as much as you could and took advantage of every opportunity you could with that. I hope that you always stood up for what you believe/d in and that you spoke up when it felt necessary to (which I have no doubt in that ha).

I pray that all the little things that bother me now will be so irrelevant when you read this that I won't even know what you're talking about. Remember, C's get degrees, and that math test that you just failed won't matter when you're 29. You won't even remember it.

I pray that you're still active in YoungLife and Theta, as a donor or leader, or both. I hope you hold a leadership position in the alumni club, or as an advisor. I pray that Clearwater will always hold a special place in your heart. I pray that you get to see your Younglife girls grow into beautiful young women and that you're still present in their lives, even at 29. I hope that when you look and think back on college memories you have no regrets of anything. I pray that good memories will come back. Memories of friendships, football games, nights spent at The Levee, and of eating ice cream until you're sick at Theta. Long live the midnight McDonald's and Walmart runs. Long live the memories at Casa Mexicana and then the frat laps that would follow while jamming music with all the window's down. Tbt to all the Crusty Cros memz too ha. Miss them and the Pod <3.

I pray that you get back to your high school size and still fit into all your clothes that you currently wear. But if not, that's fine. You are still beautiful. "You are beautifully and wonderfully made," and I hope you always remember that <3. Beauty is not defined by a size.

I pray that all your friends are still in your life and that Snapchat streaks are still a thing (oh lord I cant imagine what day Emma and you would be on now.). I hope all your college, high school, camp and LR friends are still involved. I hope you visit Ole Miss soon and think about all the memories you had there -- good and bad. I pray that Modern Family is still on and Gossip Girl is still on Netflix. I hope Spotify is still a thing and that all my playlists are still there. I also hope Instagram and Facebook are alive and thriving. I'm relying on my FB photo albums for photos I deleted off my phone lol, so it better still be a thing.

I pray that technology hasn't taken over the world. It's a great thing but I can't deal if we have self-driving cars, flying cars, things that let us control things with our brains. I pray for the environment and for everyone. Love Wins. I pray that I still have a say in who is elected in the government. I pray for our economy, and I hope you're financially stable and don't have any student loans or debt.

I know you're a beautiful young women and I can't wait to see everything you've accomplished. It's gonna be a roller coaster of 10 years but I can't wait to see how much you've grown. I pray that you still have Bunny and will pass it down to your future daughter and tell her how her grandparents gave it to you when I was born. I hope you never ever wish time would go by faster because I know your older self will be mad if you keep saying that. I know you will be crying right now and wishing you were young again in college and not having adult responsibilities. I hope you love yourself and always do the right thing in life.

Love,

Your beautiful young self, Sara

11-3-16