Letter To My Future Self

Letter To My Future Self

I hope you're genuinely happy.

137
Letter To My Future Self
Wallset

Dear future self,

First off, I can't promise you a simple and easy life because let's face it, it has been anything but simple as I am writing you. It's 5:49 in the morning and I would like to say that I hope you still don't suffer from insomnia.

You better be out of Ohio and exploring all of the places that you wanted to go because I know you have unbelievable wanderlust. Never forget about where you came from though, that goofy little small town that we call Delta and only about 45 minutes away..people call it hick town (haha) Remember the ones who switched up on you or never believed in you and stay away from them. Sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side only because it's fake. Don't give in to petty people and please do not ever stoop to their level. You're better than that and you know it.

You should know your self worth by now and don't settle for anything that is less than what you yearn for out of this life. I really hope you've found by now on what you want to do career wise. Present me likes to write but deep down, I know I want to help people in counseling.

I want you to be the one that a troubled child can turn to. Lessen the number of children that are feeling like the only thing they have to turn to is a piece of notebook paper to vent to like you did all of those years. Don't listen to them when they say a broken home creates a broken person.

You are not broken. You have conquered so many things that some 20-something's could never even begin to understand. Your future is bright, I can feel it and I just know it.

As for finding someone and settling down, well I (you) have a tendency to do wifey things for temporary people. You are not a rug that nobodies can step all over. Keep standing up for yourself and always have self respect!

I hope one day you'll be hopelessly and stupidly in love with a great, loyal man. He will see your wacky side and love it to no end. May he be the one that sings along with you to your favorite songs, doesn't mind bumming it on a lazy day in the house binge watching all of your favorite shows with you, accepts you for your flaws, won't mind stopping on the side of the road because you're such a "look at the moon or sky" girl. When that day comes that he gets on one knee, well honey..I hope he doesn't mind having 100 dogs and cats. Bless his heart

Be a good mother, wife, aunt, cousin etc. Please raise a better family than what you were brought up with. Build your own home somewhere quiet and peaceful and stay down to earth. Let your children be young as long as they can and have an amazing childhood. Teach them morals, manners, and most importantly..don't let them be so close minded as you were when you were little. Let them imagine as much as possible.

Cherish your motherly aunt, she's been there since day 1 and don't ever forget that. I hope she's still your role model because she is a damn amazing woman. Love your father and please don't hate your brother for contacting you every single day. Lately, he's been the one you've turned to which is quite odd but let him do his "big bad brotherly protecting"

Please don't ever forget your mother's voice or the way she blew out breath from her mouth to push the hair away from her eyes. I hope it gets easier to think about her instead of breaking into tears. Think about the happy memories but learn from the bad ones. She loves you and she's watching down on you cheering you on as your favorite fan in this game.

Don't ever hide from pain because it is the cycle and mother of life. It guides us to find a solution, stop, or to fight for what we want. Let it guide you to your destiny. Possess trust but don't give out your trust..remember it must be earned. You are strong and always stay yourself. Never try to be someone else because you were born to be You and that's it. Love yourself and stay focused.

Remember: life isn't meant to be easy, so keep on trudging even when you feel as if you're stuck and can't move. Keep proving people wrong and making moves.

Lastly, I just hope you are genuinely happy and satisfied with the life you made for yourself.

You'll do awesome at this thing called life

I know it

Your friends know it

Your family knows it

Even the people who dislike you know it

So, own it and live a damn good life