A Letter To My Love

A Letter To My Love

Our fairytale is my favorite story.

53
A Letter To My Love

My dear darling,

You have exceeded the expectations my fairytales set. As a girl who’s closest friends were characters in books, I was bound to fall in love with someone out of a story. Our story isn’t one I’ve read before, it’s funny, and unpredictable, and unconventional, and I don’t even know how I fell into it but I regret nothing. I remember our first date like it was yesterday. You were late, this was foreshadowing. I was early, as usual. I wore a black and white dress and you wore dress pants and a shirt. We went to HuHot, a Mongolian grill I had never been to. It was delicious. We talked about everything under the sun and swapped food back and forth. Then you took to me to Rockheads, a comic book store, as we discovered we both had an affinity for all things Marvel. I clomped around in heels going through boxes searching for Deadpool and Harley Quinn, but really I was having the best time watching you in all your glory finding EVERYTHING. I changed into some comfy clothes and we hung out in your car, fondly named Linda, where you surprised me with juice pouches and snacks. We looked at dumb YouTube videos and talked for hours about life… And then you kissed me and I was happy. And I knew if we didn’t hang out again I’d be missing out. It’s been almost 5 months and I’ve never been happier.

Things haven’t always been delightful in my life, or in yours. But when we are together I feel ok. I feel safe. I know you would do anything you can to make things easier for me, because you’ve proven yourself. If I need someone I KNOW I can count on you. I believe you when you compliment me, and say I’m strong or beautiful or smart, because you act like it. You respect me, and trust that I can handle my struggles, but offer love and support if I need it. You pay attention, and know me well enough so that I hardly have to ask. You have never made me feel like a burden. In return, I’m totally devoted to doing the same. There’s nothing you could ask me to do that I wouldn’t attempt to ease your mind, body or soul. I’m your partner, half of the team, and I won’t let you down.

The joy you’ve brought to me in such a short amount of time is monumental. I’m never not laughing with you. You insist on spoiling me for reasons unbeknownst to me. From chicken wings and chocolate, to Harry Potter flags and concert tickets…. I truly don’t deserve you, but you would disagree. Just last week you surprised me at work with roses and Starbucks. You are a prince of romantic gestures. You know all I need is a hug and a kiss to be thrilled, but you treat me like a princess anyway.

Our journey has been an unconventional one between two people who maybe never even should have met in very strange places in life, but isn’t that how every good story starts? You weren’t sure you wanted to be in this school, in this state… I wasn’t sure I wanted to be anywhere at all. Now, you’re my best friend, We’ve had almost 5 months of happiness together, we’re going to college nearby, and things seem to be going well for the first time in a long time. And the only thing that’s changed in my life is the addition of you. My most treasured muse, Thank you so much, just for being every bit as you as you are.

Love,

You should know by now