A Letter To My Dad

A Letter To My Dad

Through the hard times we have been going through right now, I want to write an open letter to you giving thanks.

498

Dear Dad,

I remember being annoyed at the amount of sports you signed me up for. I did it all, from baseball to basketball, and soccer to swimming. I even tried volleyball for one day. Although I never stuck with one of them and became the best at it, as I grew older I have become grateful for having gone through so many sports. Although, in the long run, I just realized I did not like any of them except for swimming, maybe, you made me realize from a young age how important it is to try everything.

Dad, I remember the frustration I would get from the pressure I had to make you proud. You never wanted me to settle at giving 100%, and, although it would get me angry and feel like you did not appreciate what I was giving, I was wrong. You always and still see so much potential me, and knowing I have at least one person who will always still believe in me keeps me going. You got me through elementary, middle, and high school. Now you are getting me through college and making sure I do not lose focus on what my end goal is.

You showed me what the true meaning of loyalty is, and that when a person loves you they will go beyond the extra mile for you. I have seen you do it for my mom, sister, and I. We could be going through the worst times but you will still make it work to make it feel like one of our good times. You have shown me what it is to fall and stand back up so many times and while I struggle with my own battles I just think about the ones you have won and how I can do the same. You are a reason as to why I stand up for my beliefs, because you raised me to defend what I believe in and not let others tell me how to think. You have made sure I stand up for something because, if I don't, then what will I have to fall back on?

I could go on about everything I am thankful for of you, but I'll save it for another day. Bottom line is: you are a role model for me and I appreciate everything you have done for me.

Love,

Your oldest daughter